Need help after fitting new brake light switch ESP is inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sicario

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 2009 E350 Avantguarde
So ive been getting the ESP warning message with tyre monitoring inoperative, my MB2 said the brake light switch was sending an unreasonable signal, so i ordered a brake light switch to the tune of £28, i fitted it this afternoon and erased the error code, after 2 mins of driving the ESP TPMS warning came back, plugged in my MB2 and it said "brake light switch incorrectly adjusted"

I cant find anything on google or you-tube to inform me of the correct procedure to adjust the switch.

I removed the old switch, unplugged it, plugged in the new one and clicked it into its place, then with the brake pedal fully at home i pushed the clicky slider in to meet the small metal plate on the brake pedal, that seemed the most logical thing to do as it seems to be a Break to Make circuit???

This is the only vid i can find with any relation to this particular kind of brake switch, and the clicky slider was fully pushed in like in the video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any help & tips would be massively appreciated.

After 3 hours of searching i searched for a w213 brake light switch installation and found this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Getting to it on the E350 isnt the same, but the brake light switch is exactly the same, i will look again to make sure the switch is fully pushed in and try pulling the pedal up, cant see it making any difference but worth a try

It wasn't a genuine one.
I'd buy a genuine one before yo go any further.

There does seem to be a clear incompatibility/unreliability to the aftermarket one, ill have to live with it till Mercedes dealer re-opens i guess.

I got the seller to accept a return, which was easy so yeah i suspect cheap chinese crap advertised as superior german quality

hi, did changing the switch get rid of the problems. ? what did you do differently when fitting the mb switch , did it work ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom