New battery but warning light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

inonefly

Car
GLC63s
I’ve got the below warning light twice now, last Sunday I had this and charged the battery with a noco 240v charger over night . It’s been a week and the message popped up again this morning. The battery was replaced about 2 weeks ago (NAPA battery) so don’t know what’s going on. Any ideas?

83153A0F-6FE4-4146-9B64-433B939D2DC4.jpeg

Are you sitting listening the radio?

Are you sitting listening the radio?
Nope, was out yesterday once then car was sitting in the garage until this morning. Been loading stuff though as I’m leaving for a road trip today but surely having the doors and tailgate open/close multiple times wouldn’t drain the battery?

When you next get this message, can you measure the battery voltage (with ignition off)? This will tell you if the new battery is actually running low, or perhpas the battery charge is fine but the Battery Management Module got confused somehow due to the battery change.

You don't have two batteries do you, and its showing low on the seconds battery?

When you next get this message, can you measure the battery voltage (with ignition off)? This will tell you if the new battery is actually running low, or perhpas the battery charge is fine but the Battery Management Module got confused somehow due to the battery change.
I’ll give it a try next time it happens when I’m back. Just drove 7 hrs up north so hopefully it’s fully charged and won’t let me know for the next 2 weeks at least. :)

You don't have two batteries do you, and its showing low on the seconds battery?
Not really sure on this and the Merc guide app is not very clear, will do a bit of more search on it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom