New C350CDI... first impressions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ndps

Car
C350CDI Sport Edition 125
Finally took delivery of my new C350CDI on thursday, I am quite simply blown away by the whole package! I had high expectations for the performance and it has certainly satisfied. The thrust from this thing when in sports mode truly staggers. Drove a 5.0 V8 Mustang GT in the US a few months back and would say in gear this feels as quick, yet is on another planet in terms of refinement and build quality.

This is my first non-VAG car, came from a mk1 Skoda Octavia vRS (essentially a mk4 golf GTi in a different guise with a larger turbo) so this is a major step up both in performance and refinement.

Config:
C350CDI Sport Edition 125
Dynamic Handling Package
Harman Kardon Sound
DAB radio
18" twin 5-spoke AMG wheels - ended up coming with 18" 7-spokes due to supply issues.

I have done about 150 miles, a mixture of motorway cruising and a few back road blasts. The dynamic handling package is great when you feel like taking the twisties, it really transforms the nature of the car. It gives you a sport button in the centre console which my wife now detests after I took her out in it :). The ride gets noticably firmer, throttle is much more responsive and the gear changes sharpen up. I actually expected the ride in the standard comfort mode to be softer than it is, however it is still much better than the skoda ever was so I am happy.

Also very happy with the HK sound system, I find myself stopping for a while at the end of a journey to finish listening to the tune I had on. Had a few niggles with the media interface to my iphone at the beginning - it would play for a few seconds then give me some error message about it drawing too much power. The last few journeys have been fine so lets hope i've seen the back of that :dk:.

All in all good times!

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• c350cdi.JPG
    c350cdi.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Nice car, enjoy :) surprised to hear about the issues with the supply for twin spokes but kinda relieved since it will make them rarer for when I revert to them for my E-cab over the winter months.

Very nice, I have had over 60 cars, only had one new one,nothing like the smell of a new car.

PS. FOS tyre needs cleaning.

It looks stunning. :cool:

Very nice car. :cool:

surprised to hear about the issues with the supply for twin spokes but kinda relieved since it will make them rarer for when I revert to them for my E-cab over the winter months.
I wasn't. Have a C220 due in the next week and when looking just about every car I saw (ads and showrooms) had the 5 spokes on. :)

Very nice car. :cool:

I wasn't. Have a C220 due in the next week and when looking just about every car I saw (ads and showrooms) had the 5 spokes on. :)

A lot are coming with the 17" 5 spokes at the moment, mine did.

I moaned a bit at first but got used to the slightly more comfortable ride and then decided I didn't want to change to the 18s.

Nice C350 there and a good spec. I had to stop myself getting a 350 due to the miles I do; I have had the C250 for 6 weeks and already done 4100 miles so far (2 of those weeks I was abroad on business too, i.e. not driving).

Lovely car,I think it looks much better with the 7 spokes

Nice motor! I had the same issue with regards to the 5 spoke 18" AMG alloys. Had to get the 7 spoke ones in the end. When I ordered my car, back in July, they said that I would have to wait to Jan 12 if I wanted the 5 spoke ones.

Very true, that's why I've had them refinished in gloss black :) just need to pull my finger out and get them on the car, haven't used it in a few weeks though!

Those wheels are very 'Evo-esque'.

Congratulations on the new car, I'm confident that you'll enjoy it.

Very true, that's why I've had them refinished in gloss black :)

Hmm. That sounds interesting. Would love to see some pics when you do stick them on. :thumb:
My brother has an RX-8 and had his wheels refurbed. He was going for OE look but I talked him into a dark grey and they look superb. I think black would have looked even better but he was worried it was too far from OE.

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine now.

Did you go with the standard sports seats rather than leather? I have. Also is that the standard black rather than metalic?

RichardM said:
Looks great! Can't wait to get mine now.

Did you go with the standard sports seats rather than leather? I have. Also is that the standard black rather than metalic?

The standard seats are better. The half cloth leather is more comfortable and more supportive for fast driving

nice car have lots of fun

Yeah I went for standard black sports seats and standard black colour rather than metallic. Would have quite liked the palladium silver and full black leather interior, however the extra options were pushing the price of the lease up considerably so I decided the dynamic handling package and HK sound were more important to me.

Hmm. That sounds interesting. Would love to see some pics when you do stick them on. :thumb:

twinspokesblack3.jpg

twinspokes-black1.jpg

Did them today finally, quite like them.. look a lot better than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom