• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New E63s here..

Jim W

Car
2018 E63s Hyacinth Red, 2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Harley Davidson Super Glide
Hi all,

I have owned 4 Mercedes cars. My first was in 2004, I bought an E320 Estate. I absolutely loved it. I went into a dealer in 2007 with a view to order a new one, but looked at the new S Class instead. I bought their S320 demonstrator. it was 6 months old. That car was nothing but trouble. Early problems were the steering and front suspension making all kinds of loud clonking noises, it went back to the dealer several times to cure that. But mostly electrical problems. The whole thing would get screwed up. sometimes the telephone didn't work, or the sat-nav, or the reversing camera, or the radio, CD player, or the whole Comand screen would go out. Then the door mirrors wouldn't fold out, or fold in.

The S Class waited until it was just out of warranty then everything went pear shaped. But worst of all was the damn limp mode. How I hated limp mode. Completely unannounced it would go into limp mode somewhere nice, like the outside lane of the M25. I would leave the car for an hour or so then it would usually be back to normal. The engine warning light didn't always come on in limp mode, sometimes came on when not in limp mode. The dealer kept telling me how much it could cost to fix, most likely need a new gearbox for god's sake (what's the gearbox got to do with it anyway? That was about the only thing that did work right). It reached a point where there was so much wrong with it it would cost more than it was worth to repair. It was such a pile of junk I wasn't going to spend any more money on it. So I traded it in for a new E63 AMG. By then the S Class was toast. The dealer took it in and sent it off for auction, and while I waited for my new E63 they loaned me their E63 demonstrator until my new car arrived. That was good service. I think they felt sorry for me. I expect my old S Class was scrapped eventually.

My new Designo Diamond White E63 arrived in April 2011. What a great car, total enjoyment with zero problems for over 6 years. The best car I have ever owned. In eager anticipation I placed my order for a new W213 E63s in May 2017. I collected the car 2 weeks ago and I already love it to bits. It looks absolutely gorgeous in Hyacinth Red which looks burnt orange in the sunshine. I didn't trade in my W212 E63. A colleague at work bought it for the same (trade) price the dealer offered me. So everyone is happy. I reckon my new W213 E63s will be every bit as good as my W212 E63 was.

Nice one Jim.
Another member recently bought the same W213 E63s after owning the W212 version. He seems to be loving it too.

excellent choice, lovely colour too, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom