• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New re-Owner looking for latest options for tech for SL400...

adm

Hi All,

Looking at my past history, my last post here was when I owned my ML350 back in 2010. Since then, I have owned a succession of VW Touaregs and Volvo XC90s.

But yesterday I bought myself a new toy. It's an MB SL400 AMG Sport from late 2014 with 39K miles. So I am Mercedes owner once again.

Anyway, this has almost undoubtedly been discussed before, but I though I would ask again to get the latest wisdom...

I would quite like to add Apple CarPlay to the car. I have watched videos and should be able to add an interface module easily enough. But what modules are UK people using today?

Another related question (and a backup option) would be is it possible to replace the standard COMAND head unit with something more up to date and modern without losing any OEM functionality? Is this even possible given that the OEM screen is separate to the head unit - would I end up with 2 screens in the car that way?

Finally, I am also interested in fitting some kind of hard wired dash/grille cams front and rear - preferably that also use either the OEM screen (if I can add CarPlay there - then this would presumably go via the integration module) or the replacement head unit screen?

Anyway. Thanks in advance for all help with this. I am just trying to get my head around what tech upgrade options are possible for this car....

Thanks,

Al

I am just doing what you are asking for in my GLS, I started a thread on adding android to my cars OEM functions,

I am just doing what you are asking for in my GLS, I started a thread on adding android to my cars OEM functions,
Cheers - I read that with interest. Your pics aren't showing up for me (as another poster on the thread said) but maybe if I go back again, they will....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom