No music sound via Bluetooth in 66 plate C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeyJC

Car
C Class - 66 plate
Hi All

New member on here and would be super grateful for some friendly advise or whether anyone has experienced the same as me and how i could resolve in the most cost effective manner:

Car: Mercedes Benz C Class Diesel - 66 plate

Issue: Car audio was working fine (purchased a year ago) up until the last couple of months. I have always connected my phone via Bluetooth Audio and played music to the car using my apple music app. I've experienced no problems up until a couple of months ago when changing tracks repeated became very slow with lags and media screen sometimes freezing. I've now experienced a new problem where although the screen is showing that the song is playing, there is no audio sound being projected (the song timing is also ticking on both the iPhone and on the media screen which implies that the song is definitely playing but the car has now stopped projected the sound). This seems to be intermittent also - for example, two days ago i experienced this issue and couldn't fix the problem even after switching the car on/off, switching the media player on/off, reconnecting the Bluetooth audio device and thus resulted in using the radio. Later the same day the sound appeared to be working and so i thought it was a one off blib. This morning I've experienced the same problem and unable to fix at all.

Has anyone experienced this issue at all and could you advise how you got this fixed? Both with slowness in changing the track or the no sound via bluetooth apple music issue.

My phone is an iPhone 7 Plus on the iOS software 13.3 (17C54)

N.B - I also have a Merc GLC 67 plate and can confirm i'm not experiencing the same problem in that car which implies it could be the car and not the phone?

Many thanks in advance!

Disconnect the ground connection (probably brown) for 30 seconds (on the battery)

Read the markings on battery to get the correct terminal, don't touch the positive terminal (which should have a red cover over it, but never trust that so read the battery markings)

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom