No-wet??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Personally I wouldnt touch anything that promises to wash without water.

If you cant rinse your sponge/cloth, how do you stop the dirty cloth from scratching your paintwork?

volvo offered something similar in the late eighties/early nineties - like Spike wouldn't fancy wiping my car with it without washing fist.

no-wet is the best

jukie said:

hi people, sorry no disrespect to anyone but your wrong about no-wet this product is without doubt the best there is and the proof is in the fact that waterless valeting is growing fast dragging all the car washers into the 21stcentury.

the two largest private valeting companies in Scotland are waterless using either no-wet or dri wash n guard, they serve the expensive car drivers who want their jam jar looking it's best,
in Milton Keynes waterless detailers are massive and licenced to sell mobile franchisee's of which they now cover six cities in England, in the south Blue Planet Valeting a large private company doing really well looking after everything from mercs, aston's and rollers, these products have been tested and reviewed by the industry and their experts and been given a massive thumbs up, the only reason most valeters wont buy it is because they like free water and dont mind wasting it either. i,ve been valeting for years and i consider myself something of a expert, and if this stuff is no good how come i get so much business using it and why do car dealers reg vardy the jaguar dealership in Edinburgh use only this on their cars, i could go on all day giving you the facts, but buy some and see.

OK Johnman I bow to your first hand knowledge on this one but I still fail to understand something...

Your car is filthy, you wipe a single wipe across a panel and the cloth is black as the ace of spades. Without water to rinse the cloth, what do you do? I can't believe that you would continue using the same dirt ridden cloth with all the sharp dirt particles still embedded in it .

Sorry, maybe I am being a little dim here but I dont see how this could work.:confused:

the last merc i had was totally scratch free,i took it into a hand car wash in manchester ,i watched 2 young lads wash it,they both dipped the sponges and washed the who'll car without rinsing the sponges again..when it had dried it was covered in scratches like someone had rubbed sand paper over the whole car,it took me 2 days to polish the scratches out..how can this product work.anyone who tries it is more confident than me!!!.if anyone tries it please leave feedback to prove us sinicks wrong!.sinicks,synics,synicks how do you spell it LOL.

mercmanuk said:
...if anyone tries it please leave feedback to prove us sinicks wrong!.sinicks,synics,synicks how do you spell it LOL.
Cynics, I think :devil:

S.

Personally I would not trust this stuff. But reading the above posts it does make you wonder.
Just out of interest johnman do you work for nowet? lol
I would like to know how after wiping over your car with this it doesn't then hold the dirt and put tiny scratches all over the bodywork.

I too am intrigued to know just how this type of product can work without scratching the paintwork.:confused:

I spent a wonderful hour washing my pride n joy yesterday (Diamondbrited) only for today it to be covered in dust from the building site near the office car park. The thought of trying to get that lot of with a cloth and dry product - no thanks. I would need a personal demonstration of a no water/dry product on something other than my car before believing it worked.

I may be cynical, but I prefer to get recommendations for products from the end customer, rather than someone who uses it as part of their professional toolkit. Not disputing that it works, but would like to see real proof first - especially before I buy, try and possibly ruin my paintwork. Until then I'll stick to water. Plus, I quite like washing my car - gives me the opportunity to grin a bit more:D

If this stuff is such big business in diff parts of the country - maybe some of our members do have direct experience they could share:D

When I was in Scotland for the new year a relative of the friend I stayed with sells car cleaning products, and he claimed his biggest seller is "no wet wonderfoam"

I asked how you can clean a car without water, and was told, you cant. But what apparently happens with this product is the car has to be dry to start with and is covered in foam, it has to stay on the car 3 minutes to work and is then rinsed off... with water.
It apparently takes all the dirt with the foam and leaves the car shining and beads like it's just been waxed.

I haven't seen it in action, but his 3 year old black Chrysler voyager had a wonderful shine to it and no scratch or swirl marks.

I understand the chemistry behind the claims that the foam absorbs all the dirt, but the only way to then get it off the car without scratching is by water rinse.

Ray . . . agree, that might work ! Otherwise, I'm as cynical as the next person to reply to this thread !! ;)

S.

I don't know about you guys, but even when I am washing any of my cars (which obviously means in my case a large bucket full of clean soapy car wash) I ALWAYS spend a few minutes at least rinsing off all the loose dirt, ie mud/dust/grit etc. Otherwise, I fear that I would be simply scratching the paintwork using the nice scratchy dust and dirt that is already over the surface.
Likewise, ALWAYS a separate bucket and sponge for the wheels and the body.
It may be "enviromentally friendly" or save on water for use in remote areas, but a proper traditional wash and leather will always win my vote!
The other thing that springs to mind is that a proper wash will help to rinse off deposits in hard to reach places. Quite important don't you think when we live in a country that puts salt and grit on the roads!
Cheers,
William

Living close to the seaside the salt content of the atmosphere creates havock with my windows and alloys. My car often gets muddy due to the village in which I live, lots of country roads etc. So how can something water free be ok to use. Its beyond my comprehension. Ok, I am a cynic but I cherrish my car too much to trust a product such as this.

Last time I was trying to tell a guy about the pitfalls of supermarket auto/brush washes I did a fair bit of reading online about how it affected paint.

The "apparently" scientific discussions, always came back to one thing. People don't wash their cars with enough water no matter which method they used! If you don't use enough of it, then where does all the grime go as you get it off. Easy - it goes into the cloth, to be used as an abbrasive (?) on the paintwork.

I don't give a monkey's about wonder products that can wash my car without water. I will use water before during and after the wash. Lots of it. I'm going to drink water before and after the wash just to be safe too. I might even go for a swim the day before.

;-)

:D
kikkthecat said:
I haven't seen it in action, but his 3 year old black Chrysler voyager had a wonderful shine to it and no scratch or swirl marks.
Ahhhhh , the wonders of Diamondbrite :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom