Non-branded 7" TFT-LCD's ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

com

Car
Sports Coupe
Just wondering if anyone has installed or bought the non-branded 7" motorised TFT's w DVD/CD/VCD combo jobbies that are going for fairly cheap on ebay nowadays (£200'ish) ? Or for that matter even a branded one

Have any feedback (photos of it installed would be lovely too) ? I am looking at one of those units at the moment instead of command so just wanted some feedback from MB owners really.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you want good clarity, I'd go for a VGA TFT which has 15pin connector for a pc, aswell as a connection for TV/Analogue Singnal. These screens have a higher definition and will give a clearer picture than a normal, "TV Only" screen. IMHO, Xenarc are the best screens at the moment, they do touch sensitive ones too if you ever plan to use GPS through it. More info at http://www.cartft.com

com said:
Just wondering if anyone has installed or bought the non-branded 7" motorised TFT's w DVD/CD/VCD combo jobbies that are going for fairly cheap on ebay nowadays (£200'ish) ? Or for that matter even a branded one

Have any feedback (photos of it installed would be lovely too) ? I am looking at one of those units at the moment instead of command so just wanted some feedback from MB owners really.

Thanks

I bought an In-car DVD system from eBay. The same retailer, GT Online, advertises in What Car also.

The kit was unbranded and cheap (2 x 7" screens, 1 x DVD player) £300 the lot. You get what you pay for I'm afraid. I took the kit to a professional installer and despite everything they tried, there was still interferance from the car's ignition affecting the sound. One screen went bad but was replaced (with a second hand one!). Compared to a decent Alpine or similar system mine was rubbish but then the prices were very different. I personally wont buy from that seller again.

There are some sellers on eBay offering command installs including all the kit for circa £700! Try looking at the items for sale by highfellzippy. I've never used that seller myself so I cannot comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom