• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Not changing up gears 2019 E350 Coupe

ZoeM

Car
E class coupe
Hello

Hoping someone can help, I saw a thread about 6 months ago with a similar issue but can’t find it now!

My E350 E Class Coupe has for the second year in a row about the same time, started to have issues with changing up gears.

It’s a 9G tronic automatic, with petrol engine.

Will change up to about 4th gear then won’t want to change up any more.
Will happily just keep the revs at over 2000rpm doing 50mph plus still in 4th gear . When I change it up manually and wait a few seconds for it to put itself back in auto mode, it stays in the higher gear because “it knows” that’s the right gear.
Also fan comes on after driving every time this gear change issue happens.

Garage were not acknowledging there was any problem even though clearly there was and I showed them on a test drive so I’m not looking forward to trying to tackle this again.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hello

Hoping someone can help, I saw a thread about 6 months ago with a similar issue but can’t find it now!

My E350 E Class Coupe has for the second year in a row about the same time, started to have issues with changing up gears.

It’s a 9G tronic automatic, with petrol engine.

Will change up to about 4th gear then won’t want to change up any more.
Will happily just keep the revs at over 2000rpm doing 50mph plus still in 4th gear . When I change it up manually and wait a few seconds for it to put itself back in auto mode, it stays in the higher gear because “it knows” that’s the right gear.
Also fan comes on after driving every time this gear change issue happens.

Garage were not acknowledging there was any problem even though clearly there was and I showed them on a test drive so I’m not looking forward to trying to tackle this again.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Have you got Mobilio still ? They will scan for fault codes .

Have you got Mobilio still ? They will scan for fault codes .
I have extended warranty still, and have brought it to a main dealer who said there were no fault codes showing, they also sent the system data off to Portugal data analytics centre and they said it all looked fine?!

I’m not sure I trust them though! They also said they had replaced a part for me under warranty and I found out they hadn’t because it came up again on the health check when I brought it in again next time, and when called out they admitted they hadn’t done it.

Yes they did, the same thing happened last year around the same time of year. Unfortunately they could see the problem (I drove with the mechanic and pointed out what was happening) but for some reason or another he just kept saying that I might be just “getting used” to the car 🤦🏻‍♀️ or sometimes the car gets confused if swapping between two drivers with different driving styles even though I’m the only one who drives it 99% of the time, my husband rarely drives it.

Yes they did, the same thing happened last year around the same time of year. Unfortunately they could see the problem (I drove with the mechanic and pointed out what was happening) but for some reason or another he just kept saying that I might be just “getting used” to the car 🤦🏻‍♀️ or sometimes the car gets confused if swapping between two drivers with different driving styles even though I’m the only one who drives it 99% of the time, my husband rarely drives it.
They also drove it themselves and said that sometimes in cold weather the car will rev higher. Basically lots of excuses so I’m now nervous about taking it back and getting fobbed off again.

Is it not doing a particle filter regen?

2000 rpm at 50 doesn't sound concerning to me at least

If I'm not mistaken the manual for my 350 SL states the gearbox changes up gears later as to warm the engine up quicker when starting off from cold.
Do you shift into N when waiting at traffic lights etc, you shouldn't just leave it in D as this could be confusing the adaptive learning of the gearbox as I've read can happen with the ZF box fitted to Jaguars.

He said its a petrol engine.
Maybe a gearbox reset which he can do himself in about 10 mins?

He said its a petrol engine.
Maybe a gearbox reset which he can do himself in about 10 mins?
I could be wrong, but I think 2019 petrols already had "GPF"s fitted

If I'm not mistaken the manual for my 350 SL states the gearbox changes up gears later as to warm the engine up quicker when starting off from cold.
Do you shift into N when waiting at traffic lights etc, you shouldn't just leave it in D as this could be confusing the adaptive learning of the gearbox as I've read can happen with the ZF box fitted to Jaguars.
You are 100% wrong. The gearbox should never be put to N during a drive cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom