• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Oil For E270 CDI Estate 2003

DreamCar

Seen various Mercedes brand oils on Ebay, anyone know which one I need for 2003 E270 CDI estate?

Newcastle MB are on eBay. Have a look at their offerings. Your handbook will tell you the grade.

Seen various Mercedes brand oils on Ebay, anyone know which one I need for 2003 E270 CDI estate?
229.5 will be fine as your car won’t have a DPF, but you can also use 229.51 or 229.52

Newcastle MB are on eBay. Have a look at their offerings. Your handbook will tell you the grade.
Got oil filter on way from them, thank you. Oil he said on back order, not sure when arriving, not that I know what oil it is, I'll ask if they can let me know.

Got oil filter on way from them, thank you. Oil he said on back order, not sure when arriving, not that I know what oil it is, I'll ask if they can let me know.
Certainly, when I looked, it seemed pretty reasonably priced.
Have you considered trying your local MB dealer to buy the oil?

229.5 will be fine as your car won’t have a DPF, but you can also use 229.51 or 229.52
Great. thank you.
Certainly, when I looked, it seemed pretty reasonably priced.
Have you considered trying your local MB dealer to buy the oil?
I rang the local dealership now more than ten times and still can't get through, don't know what is wrong there, tried multiple numbers.

Genuine Mercedes-Benz 229.52 Engine Oil Synthetic Diesel Low Ash 7L Oil Z7DPAC | eBay

I asked the MB Newcastle Ebay chap if this is ok and he said no as for petrol and 5w40 but the description doesn't say that. He's just messaged me to say he looked at wrong item and this should be ok so I'll order 7 litres of this.

That's the good stuff, you and your engine will enjoy it.

That's the good stuff, you and your engine will enjoy it.
Thank you for the recommendations on here, great value too for 7 litres, very impressed. Only thing I need now is MB air filter if I can find one.

Thank you for the recommendations on here, great value too for 7 litres, very impressed. Only thing I need now is MB air filter if I can find one.
Ask Newcastle via ebay store - or just get a Mann filter from ECP/GSF

Do an ebay search, there are many makes of air filter good enough for the job.
Oil and oil filter need be good quality, air filter not so much. But Mann, Bosch, Bord & Beck, Mahl.........

Thank you for the guidance on here, didn't realise I ordered the oil filter and oil from two different MB dealers on eBay. Delivery was very quick, also picked up the Mann air filter from gsf so will get it all fitted this week.

Not for a Merc, but just ordered oil and filter for my son's car today. Also a cabin filter, as I was horrified when I saw the state of it - doubt it had been changed in 5 years, or more!😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom