Oil leak - Rocker Cover???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine were leaking enough on one side only to very occasional drip onto one of the exhaust shields.
I didn't fancy doing the whole reseal for such a minor leak so just cleaned up the area really well and run a bead of high temperature silicone sealant (Silcoset 158) around the edge which has been fine for a year. When it starts again I'll remove the cover and do it properly.

You'll also most likely need to replace the bolts if they are alloy with stainless due to them being so soft.
Good idea, and i can then monitor the leak to see how bad it is :)

OP has standard set up on his car with 16" wheels. 205 55 fronts and 225 50 rears.
It's me who has a different set up.
My set up however hasn't changed my steering enough to be noticeable. :)
OK got mixed up there :oops: - the OP has standard wheels. His car's lack of steering self centering might still be down to bad castor angle mind ;)

Just been looking at car. Looking at it from far away it appears the front wheel (drivers side) is tilted inwards. That has to be the problem

Just been looking at car. Looking at it from far away it appears the front wheel (drivers side) is tilted inwards. That has to be the problem
Negative camber, where it tilts in at the top, is what you want. So...which way does it tilt, top or bottom. The problem will be if they are different to each other, which, I believe, is what you are saying.

yea each side at the front are different, will take a pic in 10 mins to show :)

cant get it to show on pics, basically the drivers side is ALOT more negative than the passenger side

The previous owner had it MOT back in january this year and failed on the following, i guess he must of had these fixed in order to pass MOT

• Nearside Side repeater not working (4.4.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn rear of 2 arms (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn rear of 2 arms (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn front of 2 arms (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Do you think after the above was fixed the car needed aligning ?

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe the wrong suspension parts were fitted on one side. Unfortunately, you have had suspension parts changed on both sides, so you don't know where you stand., it could be both sides!

Time for an alignment check, I reckon. Preferably a 4-wheel one for peace of mind. Someone at work used ATS recently and the bill for just a check was £65, which doesn't sound too bad.

Sounds like maybe the wrong suspension parts were fitted on one side. Unfortunately, you have had suspension parts changed on both sides, so you don't know where you stand., it could be both sides!

Time for an alignment check, I reckon. Preferably a 4-wheel one for peace of mind. Someone at work used ATS recently and the bill for just a check was £65, which doesn't sound too bad.
Cheers, booked in for next week at ATS as off work then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom