• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Om651 frequent DPF regen

Ok I think I got to the bottom of this. Sometimes i drive on the motorway in high revs and the dpf only reaches a temp of 200c which is not enough for passive regen. Other times, the temp inside the dpf gets to around 300c in which case the fill level is normal.

The temp sensor upstream of turbo also plays up i.e under load on the motorway it is 170c and when driving slow it can reach over 300c in which case again, the dpf fill level becomes normal

What's the DPF temp during a regen? It rising to over 500 is how I know it's doing a regen.
Under load it might even pass 700, but 600+ is normal.

Normal running, from coasting to full boot, it'll be from 150 up to 600. But 450 - 500 is heavy foot temp.

Tbh I don't see the temps as being your too regular regen cause. The system is monitoring the pressures to assume the DPF fill level.

Some years ago a respected Indie replaced my 642 injectors for the same issue. Made no difference.
It has already had sensors replaced, and a new DPF. I eventually 'assumed' my bores were worn, and passing oil, even though the oil level didn't drop excessively. Or maybe the turbo was passing oil. In truth I gave up as I needed transport, and that Viano became unusable like that.

Hi. I have same engine and same problem, did you fix it? Or did you find the problem? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom