• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

One Key Fob, doesn't close/open window or lower/raise roof?

Dyo Addz

Hi there, has anyone else had a similar problem? On my C250 Convertible, one key no longer opens or closes the windows or drops/reinstates the roof, but yet the other key does?

Naturally I am using the one key that does it all, but has anyone got the solution for the key behaving badly, as its just frustrating - is it a question of programming the key and how? Failed to find any answers on youtube

TIA
Dave

Have you changed the battery in the key?
The key doesn't rely on the battery to start the car so you may be misled into thinking the key battery is OK.
However if the key still locks/unlocks the doors the key battery isn't the problem.

Will be good to know as well, my second key only unlocks the driver side. I was begining to think there was something wrong with the car

Will be good to know as well, my second key only unlocks the driver side. I was begining to think there was something wrong with the car

Quite likely an operator error. The key can be programmed to open all doors or just the driver door, the manual tells how. If I remember right, a second click opens all doors after opening the driver door if that feature is active.

Hi there, has anyone else had a similar problem? On my C250 Convertible, one key no longer opens or closes the windows or drops/reinstates the roof, but yet the other key does?

Naturally I am using the one key that does it all, but has anyone got the solution for the key behaving badly, as its just frustrating - is it a question of programming the key and how? Failed to find any answers on youtube

TIA
Dave

You don't mention it but I guess the other key starts the car, just the convenience closer not working? Otherwise it could be the IR led on the key.

No programming for the key.

Which MY car is it?

UPDATE - I had another battery spare and changed this in the failing fob, low and behold everything is now working on both fobs. thank you to those that took time out to respond with thoughts

Have you changed the battery in the key?
The key doesn't rely on the battery to start the car so you may be misled into thinking the key battery is OK.
However if the key still locks/unlocks the doors the key battery isn't the problem.
Looks like it was the battery after all, as when this was changed in the failing fob, all back to normal. new battery was a Duracell whether this made the difference?

Looks like it was the battery after all, as when this was changed in the failing fob, all back to normal. new battery was a Duracell whether this made the difference?
Glad its fixed. Yes a good quality battery like Duracell or Panasonic is preferred to the cheap pound shop varieties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom