• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Oops!!!

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Well, Dad ripped off the side of my mums bumper by doing a 3 point turn too quick and taking the car onto the kerb the other week... So, last Friday me and mum took her W211 to the stealers to see what they could do... We got the quote and went and had a mooch at the used cars..... Next thing we know, we're signing the dotted line for a 2010 CLS350 CDI Grand Edition with the AMG kit......... :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Specs are:-
1 owner, used approved, full dealer history
Parktronic,
Linguatronic (spelling?)
Heated memory seats at the front,
AMG kit and wheels,
AirMatic,
Xenons,
Silver with black leather
COMAND with bluetooth telephony

Hope I've not missed anything. I believe some is part of the GE pack. The dealer said that it has the BRABUS tuning box too so its pushing out 272BHP as oppose to the standard 231 BHP - is this true?

Collection is on Friday where I shall upload piccys

Yes it's true, and even better it doesn't seem to make a difference to consumption when driven normally, my GE used to get close to 48 mpg on runs to the West Country.

Amazing for a big fast luxury car, it'll be fun, enjoy.

Any chance he could come over and move a car for us? Excellent story with a nice outcome.

Well, Dad ripped off the side of my mums bumper by doing a 3 point turn too quick and taking the car onto the kerb the other week... So, last Friday me and mum took her W211 to the stealers to see what they could do... We got the quote and went and had a mooch at the used cars..... Next thing we know, we're signing the dotted line for a 2010 CLS350 CDI Grand Edition with the AMG kit......... :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Specs are:-
1 owner, used approved, full dealer history
Parktronic,
Linguatronic (spelling?)
Heated memory seats at the front,
AMG kit and wheels,
AirMatic,
Xenons,
Silver with black leather
COMAND with bluetooth telephony

Hope I've not missed anything. I believe some is part of the GE pack. The dealer said that it has the BRABUS tuning box too so its pushing out 272BHP as oppose to the standard 231 BHP - is this true?

Collection is on Friday where I shall upload piccys

Bought several cars in exactly same way. Best one I remember of, was going on a bike ride, popping in to my local stealer to have a look at new, face lifted ML(back in late 2009), and ending up ordering one with my push bike left at the front desk.

Hence I now avoid spontaneous visits to the dealerships, it costs me too much money :doh:

Any chance he could come over and move a car for us? Excellent story with a nice outcome.

Unless you want an "added extra" (or something missing) to your car I would say no I'm afraid. hence why its better he sticks to the W201 190E!!! Mind you he doesnt do this kind of thing often. He kerbs wheels often though......
I digress, but, he did reverse an old W203 we had into our metal shed and didnt even realise!!! That about 4/5 yeards ago now so hes improved I'd say! LOL... :ban::fail:ban:

That said, he's not a bad driver generally. He's fine with his 190E.

Bought several cars in exactly same way. Best one I remember of, was going on a bike ride, popping in to my local stealer to have a look at new, face lifted ML(back in late 2009), and ending up ordering one with my push bike left at the front desk.

Hence I now avoid spontaneous visits to the dealerships, it costs me too much money :doh:

Agreed!!! Best leave the stealers alone. We've dont that quite a fwe times too. I went to get my suits for work dry cleaned and ended up walking into a stealer and with a car before I knew it (not a merc though)

Don't know if your dad should pay for the car or have driving lessons?

Brabus Tuning Box (and any other non standard items) will need to be disclosed to your insurers and may impact the insurance premium.
Good luck.
Regards
John

Brabus Tuning Box (and any other non standard items) will need to be disclosed to your insurers and may impact the insurance premium.
Good luck.
Regards
John

I asked the dealer this question....

He said that becuase all Grand Editions came with the BRABUS tuning box, this will not need to be disclosed to my (mums) insurer in this case....

If anyone knows different, please say.

h17n dj said:
I asked the dealer this question.... He said that becuase all Grand Editions came with the BRABUS tuning box, this will not need to be disclosed to my (mums) insurer in this case.... If anyone knows different, please say.

You are right. It was factory spec on the GE so it is not an additional aftermarket modification

You are right. It was factory spec on the GE so it is not an additional aftermarket modification

Correct, just make sure they put it done as a Grand Edition model on the paperwork, otherwise if the worst does happen its your word against theirs, and we all know how honest some insurance companies can be :D

One More Sleep :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Well, she's here! Was a but busy yesterday so couldn't upload pics so here goes..... What does the panel think?

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Attachments

• image-544566454.jpg
    image-544566454.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image-4015920024.jpg
    image-4015920024.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 41
  • image-834750913.jpg
    image-834750913.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image-824583164.jpg
    image-824583164.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 42
CLS
These cars look better & better the more you see them they are ageless have presence on the road. One of Mercedes best. IMO :)

Sublime lovely luxury car :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom