OT: Bluejacking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Anyone else heard of this? It's a way of hacking via Bluetooth.

BBC News Report

Bluejack FAQ

So any of you guys with Bluetooth enabled phones been the victim of Bluejacking?

S.

No, but I have bluejacked plenty of people on the train... much fun to be had.

my personal favourite is creating a new contact in my Ipaq called "This is a message from God - get the teas in" and bluetoothing it to some unsuspecting punter - who usually has no idea where or who sent it - they then spend a fruitless few moments texting all their mates seeing if they have sent it.

I don't understand people who leave BT turned on - it's a battery waster. Sony phones do not have it enabled by default (T610, T68i), but I hear that some other phones do.....

Bluejacking..... yeah I do a similar thing with the laptop in airport lounges for a laff.

If someone has their WIFI card set up in a less than secure manner, I sometimes do a netsend and subtly watch the response through the corner of my eye.

It can get kinda funny when you send spoof Microsoft errors giving them instructions how to fix he problem. Some people are so dumb, You'd be amazed the silly things people will do to their notebooks 'because thats what microsoft told them'.

OK, OK, I got a sick sense of humour but what else do you do when stuck in an airport terminal for three hours. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
im fuzzer and im a bluejackaholic ::D

Originally posted by scotth_uk
I don't understand people who leave BT turned on - it's a battery waster. Sony phones do not have it enabled by default (T610, T68i), but I hear that some other phones do.....

'cause that's the only way it will connect automatically if you have a bluetooth car kit.

'cause that's the only way it will connect automatically if you have a bluetooth car kit.

But surely you would just enable it as you get to the car. It's only about 3 clicks on the keypad. Think of the battery wastage when it is on all of the time.

:)

I'm in and out of the car all day so have no desire to keep switching BT on and off, I love the way it just connects whilst I keep the phone in my pocket.

I did notice a difference in battery life, it went from 10 days standby to about 7 days, but I can live with that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom