Phone Bluetooth connection problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alistair Ross A

Car
CLS
Hi, Hope someone can help me to connect my new Samsung galaxy note 9 to my 2006 CLS MB Bluetooth device positioned under the central armrest . I have changed my phone from a Samsung note 4 to a new note 9 but I just can't get it to connect, the system picks up the note 9 and asks for the code which should be either 0000 or 1234 but when I put them in it says can't connect or try another code but the system worked ok on the note 4. Has anyone got any ideas on how to overcome this problem as I greatly miss the hands free system. Thanks Alistair.

Hi, Hope someone can help me to connect my new Samsung galaxy note 9 to my 2006 CLS MB Bluetooth device positioned under the central armrest . I have changed my phone from a Samsung note 4 to a new note 9 but I just can't get it to connect, the system picks up the note 9 and asks for the code which should be either 0000 or 1234 but when I put them in it says can't connect or try another code but the system worked ok on the note 4. Has anyone got any ideas on how to overcome this problem as I greatly miss the hands free system. Thanks Alistair.
Delete all the bluetooth memory in a convenience phone. Then conec phone to the adapter using the code MBUSA.

Which device have you got in the armrest?

If its the Mercedes HFP adapter then you need to put it in pairing mode first by pressing the rear and holding it down for ten seconds.
Search on the phone and when it finds MB Bluetooth select that and enter the pairing code 62872

I have the S9 and had to fiddle about to get it to pair up to the HFP adapter, keep trying it will pair eventualy.

My S9 paired immediately when following the advice provided by Alfie

Which device have you got in the armrest?

If its the Mercedes HFP adapter then you need to put it in pairing mode first by pressing the rear and holding it down for ten seconds.
Search on the phone and when it finds MB Bluetooth select that and enter the pairing code 62872

Thanks Alfie put in the code you provided and all is working ok now, thanks for the info much appreciated.

Alfie, I'm wondering if you would know if it is possible to play music from my phone onto the car stereo system, there doesn't seem to be any audio jack point in the car to connect the phone to and the Bluetooth setup is only for the phone it's a 2006 CLS. Any ideas. Thanks Alistair.

Alfie, I'm wondering if you would know if it is possible to play music from my phone onto the car stereo system, there doesn't seem to be any audio jack point in the car to connect the phone to and the Bluetooth setup is only for the phone it's a 2006 CLS. Any ideas. Thanks Alistair.
For decent music you will need to fit a device that replaces/emulates the CD changer.

If you have comand fitted from the factory then there should be an AUX port in the ceiling of the glovebox. the audio quality isnt great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom