• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Problems with Matrixcar

eamonn

Car
E250 Coupe
Anyone had any problems with Matrixcar?

I ordered some illuminated sills early July, the money was taken the next day so I thought I'd email Ralf to see when I could expect delivery - no reply. I left it a couple of weeks & mailed him again - he told that he was waiting for me to get in touch with him to let him know wether I wanted AMG or Mercedes (I don't know how I was supposed to know he was waiting for information from me having not recieved any correspondancehe asking me?!?!?!), I mailed him back saying I wanted the Mercedes ones. He replied that those ones were out of stock so he would wait for me to get in touch to let him know what to do. I replied straight away asking when he was expecting more stock - no reply. I left it a couple of days & mailed him again asking if/when he would be getting more stock - no reply. That was last week, still no reply.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

eamonn said:
Anyone had any problems with Matrixcar?

I ordered some illuminated sills early July, the money was taken the next day so I thought I'd email Ralf to see when I could expect delivery - no reply. I left it a couple of weeks & mailed him again - he told that he was waiting for me to get in touch with him to let him know wether I wanted AMG or Mercedes (I don't know how I was supposed to know he was waiting for information from me having not recieved any correspondancehe asking me?!?!?!), I mailed him back saying I wanted the Mercedes ones. He replied that those ones were out of stock so he would wait for me to get in touch to let him know what to do. I replied straight away asking when he was expecting more stock - no reply. I left it a couple of days & mailed him again asking if/when he would be getting more stock - no reply. That was last week, still no reply.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

If you are not receiving any emails (if you can clarify if he has been sending them) then it could be an unfortunate mailserver issue. These days some over zealous spam filtering can kill email dead in it's tracks. Either he is not receiving your email or you are not receiving his. A bit off topic, but I've known it to cause grief it it does transpire to be the issue, if it's not the issue then in your case it's not good customer service.

Don't forget the Distance Selling Regulations help protect you.
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/distsell.htm

Hi There,

I found them reliable to deal with, however his english leaves a lot to be desired!

:bannana:

I've always received my stuff from him really quick. :cool:

are you using msn mail? Ifso check your junk mail box cos a lot of my safe mail goes into that :mad: Even the mail i repetedly tell it is safe :mad: :mad:

stwat said:
are you using msn mail? Ifso check your junk mail box cos a lot of my safe mail goes into that :mad: Even the mail i repetedly tell it is safe :mad: :mad:
No, I've been using my work email address & my orange one.

Has anyone received any correspondance from him in the last week or so?

Its Holiday season in Germany right now with mass exodus to the sun.

Many companies just close down for the fortnight over there so thats my guess.

I certainly dont think it is deliberate as many people have dealt with them before with no difficulties. Its just bad timing thats all.

fabio1 said:
however his english leaves a lot to be desired!

:bannana:

Remember he IS German, so his English is pretty good.
At least he bothered to learn another language.
Most English people only speak the one ;)

The farce continues;

I eventually had enough of my emails being ignored & promised delivery dates being missed so I cancelled my order... Ralf shipped it anyway!!! He refuses to accept that I cancelled the order and wants me to pay for the pleasure of returning them to him.

I will take some pictures of the sills tonight - the quality is appalling. The 'Mercedes Benz' on the illuminated panel is hand written!!! I'm confident that my seven year old daughter could produce a better reproduction of the MB logo than the craftsmen who produced these works of art.

I know some people on here have had no problems in dealing with Ralf & have been satisfied with their purchases, but I have had lots of pm's describing situations very similar to mine. I would strongly advise people to shop elsewhere - if anything goes wrong your chances of resolving the matter are very slim. I have never in 7 or 8 years of shopping on the net experienced such a bad level of customer service.

The moral of the story is - you get what you pay for. I bought Craigyb's sills which came from Europarts & they look the business. The original cost was (I think) ~£100 + p&p, the cost of the 'handcrafted' ones from Matrixcar £88 inc p&p - believe me (& you will when you see the pictures) there is more than £20 difference in quality between the two

eamonn said:
He refuses to accept that I cancelled the order and wants me to pay for the pleasure of returning them to him.

If it is any consolation to you, if you excercised your rights in the UK with a UK supplier and returned the goods under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have to bear the cost of the return postage anyway.

So if he is offering a refund he is at least giving you the 'cooling off' period you are entitled to. However having shipped them when you had cancelled is another matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom