• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Quality ride of the s/w211 avantgarde

So is airmatic the suspension with the button to change from comfort to sport I and II. Just like I had on the e55k

Does the Elegance have the button to change the stiffness of suspension.

My car doesn't have button controlled suspension setting stiffness.

The 211 is a cracking car, one of the best Mercedes ever made. Especially in E55 guise;)
I enjoyed the 6 years ownership I had with the car, but for comfort, the W210 (Avantgarde) was more comfortable, probably because of the harder set up of the AMG.
Just a shame most of them (210's) rusted away.

My supposed avantgarde vehicle has the wood dash trim which was apparently an Elegance spec trim level. Reading up on the Elegance ride quality it was much more badge type like in the corners which my car seems to have. Does make me think does it have the Elegance suspension on the car. Like said any softer it would be like on a river every journey. It works for me that's all that matters. Maybe it's had softer dampers fitted over its life time. Maybe an Elegance on 17 is as good as an avantgarde on 16"
Off the top of my head

Comfort vs Sports suspension set up, with trim in line with two different target markets:
metal or birds eye maple for Avantgarde vs burr walnut wood trim for Elegance.
different leather/ artico, (But not nappa in either unless an expensive upgrade)
different wheels shapes,
green (elegance) vs blue (avantgarde) windscreen tints,
white dials on the Avantgarde
lower spoiler on the Avantgarde
Bi-Xenons on the Avantgarde

(NB everything was facelifted in 2006/7)

All of this can be seen if you look at Autotrader adverts.

Airmatic is only available on the higher performance E500 and E55.

I don't get out much.

Exactly, so if that's how your car was built, it'll be standard Avantgarde spec which includes that sports suspension. An Elegance on 16's will be softer

Sensors should be £20 for a pack of four, but if you're not bothered, then why faff an hour or two to fit them? It's not as if you want to sell the car

I recall confusion in the past.

My recollection is that the W211 AG had sport suspension as an option.

So as regards non-air suspension on the W211 there was the Comfort suspension, the AG suspension, the Sport suspension.

As regards the OP on this thread - my view concurs as regards the W211 AvantGarde setup. I think on 16" wheels it was one of the best setups I have ever driven.

I recall confusion in the past.

My recollection is that the W211 AG had sport suspension as an option.

So as regards non-air suspension on the W211 there was the Comfort suspension, the AG suspension, the Sport suspension.

As regards the OP on this thread - my view concurs as regards the W211 AvantGarde setup. I think on 16" wheels it was one of the best setups I have ever driven.
Wonder if someone has the sales brochure?

I’m remembering “sport” as a facelift option beyond avantgarde

Im delighted to learn I'm not quite losing my marbles just yet😂👍. Who wants sport suspension anyways that's for hooligans 🙄

People who want to go around corners at more than a moderate rate?....something that land yacht 211 models in stock form are not great at.... even compared to the 212.
Personally I'm prepared to sacrifice a bit of comfort for improved handling... which is why most of my cars, including my current one have mild suspension mods.

People who want to go around corners at more than a moderate rate?....something that land yacht 211 models in stock form are not great at.... even compared to the 212.
Personally I'm prepared to sacrifice a bit of comfort for improved handling... which is why most of my cars, including my current one have mild suspension mods.
Book a track day get it out the system 😉

Too risky; what if you get carried away when the red mist comes down and stuff it into the Armco...

Book a track day get it out the system 😉
LOL....I only do track days on bikes. As I usually only have one or two cars on the road at a time its took risky to smack one up. Also I find that bikes can take a day of full throttle abuse rather better than a car....the tyres are cheaper too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom