• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Query?

grimree

Car
E Class Cabriolet
I've just had a ceramic coating applied - does this count as a modification to my insurance company? (they'd use about everything else to weasel out of any future claim!)

I've just had a ceramic coating applied - does this count as a modification to my insurance company? (they'd use about everything else to weasel out of any future claim!)

See here:

Next they'll be demanding to know what shampoo you washed it with, which forecourt you filled up at, and was that hand-pumped or compressor air you put in the tyres. 😆

In all seriousness however, if you haven't informed them they would be unlikely to entertain a claim for professional detailing services after a repair, where they might if you had told them. Your call on whether that matters to you.

You don't as it didn't change the manufacturer specified safety, performance or appearance features of the car.

As above though, you won't get the treatment reapplied under any claim (and I actually doubt, even if you declared it)
If they charge you more, you'd have an case though

They cant see the Ceramic coating and it will not effect any panel repair , PPF is quite the opposite . It's PPF the insurance companies have a problem with.

I think you are in the clear ...in the clear ..geddit ?

Ill get my coat.

Don't inform them of a ceramic coating. It doesnt change the colour of your car. It can make it difficult to repair though as it needs to be removed entirely otherwise paint doesn't stick to it properly but they don't need to know of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom