• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

R129 soft top conundrum

swithin

Car
99 SL500, 2014 C250 AMG Sport +, 2016 C220d, Range Rover 4.2sc, Mini Cooper S
When I first bought my new-2-me R129 my daughter was 7 years old and the lap belts in the back didn’t impress me. I had proper seat belts retro-fitted and they were far better.

The problem over the years is that the soft top is dragged over the seatbelt harness behind the rear jump seats and has left tramline marks.

Anyone have any ideas how I can smooth out the belt mechanism housing so as to prevent the tramlines on the soft top. I need to smooth out the edges of the seatbelt mechanism. I’d love it if someone could tell em that there is spray on rubber I could use.

I’ll try and get some photos to show the problem over next few days

Atb
Gary

I need pictures to understand what you're talking about but there is a spray on rubber called flex seal which is used to seal roofs that have leaks. It's pretty robust stuff and some have used it as an undercoating.

Frosts in the UK sell various Plasti Dip and own brand products that might do the job. Might be worth giving them a call to see what they suggest.
Frosts

My finger points to the sharp parts of the mechanism IMG_1926.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1925.jpeg
    IMG_1925.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Even with a coating you've still got edges and points of contacts that will leave marks. I would look at making up (or having made) some flat covers that can be trimmed in soft material to completely cover the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom