R230 350 SL Locking and locking button on dash operates backwards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pipemaster

Car
R129 Sl 320 V6
I have been trying very hard not to bother people on the forum about yet another PSE issue BUT I am stumped
Sl350 2007 pump was operating then stopped. Impeller was broken so changed that. Pump worked again but only after the car had run and once left the locks became inoperative.
So I changed the pump. Same thing. The I sent the whole thing away to be refurbed after I was told the impeller wasn't fitted properly, the motor wasn't powerful enough to get the required pressure and one "duo" was blown. I have got the thing back fitted it, took out the 20amp fuse and replaced it too for good measure. Sat in the car turned it on and then off again. went to lock the car nothing however sitting in the car i pressed the dashboard mounted locking button and the doors operated but then i noticed they work working the opposite of what they should i.e. when i pressed the open padlock button the doors locked. This is obviously because something is the wrong way around. The boot doesnt open either. I have charged the accessory battery and tested it it is fine.
The roof operates properly.
is there an electrical plug that may be the wrong way around? Should I drive the car for a while to "let is settle down".
I really don't understand why this has gone the way it has considering that the the thing was OK before the impeller broke up.
Advice happily received

Thanks in advance
Steve

When you removed the pump, did you unclip the plastic manifold that all the vacuum pipes run into? or did you remove the individual vacuum/pressure pipes? (The manifold only goes on one way too)
iI sounds like its blowing when it should be sucking and vice versa.
As you know there is a computer circuit board inside these PSE units... so the opposite voltage connection would make it not work... from my memory of replacing my PSE pump, (with a new one) the electrical connections can only go on one way.
I did strip mine before replacing the whole thing, and rebuilt my pump impeller with parts from ebay. When I tested it .. with a pressure gauge it produced 3psi which is normal.. but at the time decided to go new. (My old pump does work still)
I am not 100% certain the vacuum pipes from the pump can be reversed accidentally... but this does 'sound like' how it could blow when it should be sucking..
Presumably the 'fellow' who rebuilt it gave you a warranty?
I have no idea what a 'duo' is that you refer to... could you elaborate a little more.?

When you removed the pump, did you unclip the plastic manifold that all the vacuum pipes run into? or did you remove the individual vacuum/pressure pipes? (The manifold only goes on one way too)
iI sounds like its blowing when it should be sucking and vice versa.
As you know there is a computer circuit board inside these PSE units... so the opposite voltage connection would make it not work... from my memory of replacing my PSE pump, (with a new one) the electrical connections can only go on one way.
I did strip mine before replacing the whole thing, and rebuilt my pump impeller with parts from ebay. When I tested it .. with a pressure gauge it produced 3psi which is normal.. but at the time decided to go new. (My old pump does work still)
I am not 100% certain the vacuum pipes from the pump can be reversed accidentally... but this does 'sound like' how it could blow when it should be sucking..
Presumably the 'fellow' who rebuilt it gave you a warranty?
I have no idea what a 'duo' is that you refer to... could you elaborate a little
Thanks for the response. The pipes stayed on the multi connectors and as you say only fit one-way one-way. I'm assuming (dangerous I know) that the circuit board is the original one and doesn't need to be connected to the star system to pair it with the car. There are 2 electrical connectors but they are shaped.
I'm confused and awaiting the reply from the fixefr

When I repaired the pump on my PSE unit, it was nessesary to de solder the two power supply wires attached to the little round cylindrical pump from the circuit board.. there is a possibility the pump was re soldered back on the wrong way round. so it is blowing air when it should be vacuum-ing.

I followed this guide.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It may explain.

Whilst you don't have to code the PSE pump to make it work the central locking,
you do need to code it to work your air powered multi contour seats function.

When I repaired the pump on my PSE unit, it was nessesary to de solder the two power supply wires attached to the little round cylindrical pump from the circuit board.. there is a possibility the pump was re soldered back on the wrong way round. so it is blowing air when it should be vacuum-ing.

I followed this guide.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It may explain.
This sounds the most likely issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom