• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Random Alarm sounding!

faraway_flossie

Car
V280
The last couple of nights the alarm (siren and indicators) has gone off on our V280 - the first at midnight, and then last night at 2am. Our neighbours are not impressed!

Can't see any obvious reason for why it would have sounded - and simply unlocking and relocking the car with the remote is enough to stop it.

Also - no work of any kind has been done on the car in the last 3 or 4 months...

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Fiona

It could be your Battery, if you have a slight drop in the charge your alarm can go off.

Battery was replaced about 5 months ago - so should be OK.

Spiders possible I guess - we did go to a PYO fruit farm on sunday and came back with lots of muddy fruit and veg!

Battery was replaced about 5 months ago - so should be OK.

Spiders possible I guess - we did go to a PYO fruit farm on sunday and came back with lots of muddy fruit and veg!

QED sounds as if you brought back a few unwanted stowaways.:crazy:

Jus had a similar problem with my CLK 320, turned out to be my spongebob gonk hanging from the mirror upseting the interior motion sensors. Poor spongebob has now been banished to the glovebox !!!

is there an option on your alarm to switch off the motion sensor and only have the door opening function active? there was on my CLK. i had the same problem. never found the problem as it went away, so i guess it was a spider etc.

if you cant switch off the motion sensor then cover them up with insulation tape for a night to see if it still happens.

The V-class alarm system is very poor and very difficult to diagnose. The most common causes are:

1. Door contact switches (on any door)
2. Drivers door lock micro switch
3. Broken wiring loom on drivers and passenger door apature
4. Faulty siren
5. spiders etc
6. control unit problem

Jus had a similar problem with my CLK 320, turned out to be my spongebob gonk hanging from the mirror upseting the interior motion sensors. Poor spongebob has now been banished to the glovebox !!!

I'll have to report you to the RSPCS

I thought spiders were a common thing.

I have this problem - solved it by turning off the interior detectors every time I leave the car. When I get round to getting it properly valeted I'm going to make a point of the critter getting cought, and promptly squished.

In the past I've had a fly and a moth cause my alarm to go off for no apparent reason.

Alarms are a right pain on older vehicles, the one on our Audi goes off fairly regularly even if the interior movement sensors are disabled. It's probably a slightly dodgy switch somewhere, but hard to trace.

We discovered the problem - DD had got out of the sliding door on Monday, and hadn't shut it properly - the contact wasn't quite contacting - if that makes sense!

Glad to say that i had a good night's sleep last night with No alarms sounding!

Thanks everyone for your answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom