Rear electric window problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevetiler

Car
C250 estate
Hi all and happy Xmas,
Got a small niggle with rear near side window- it goes down fine with button but won’t go up!
It does however work fine with the button on the drivers door
It’s a 12 plate C250 estate
Anyone got any ideas ?
Thanks

I would be removing the switch on that door as because it works ok from another switch eliminates other possible faults. Maybe the switch just needs a clean inside or worst case scenario a replacement is needed.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Thanks- if it is the switch where would be the best place to buy one?

If the switch looks undamaged I would 1st give it a good clean with some electrical spray or wd40 & re-try it as it might only be a dirty contact, as for a replacement your local dealer or indie, you could even try ebay etc, another thing that i would probably do is swap the rear door switches around to see if the problem moves to the other door?? Even if it means that all you can do is plug in the electrical connection to give it a try. Hope this helps mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help, will have a look and report back

Next question- anyone able to tell me how to remove the switch? Does the door panel have to be removed?
Thanks and happy new year !

May be obvious, but have you checked the isolating switch is not activated?. If fitted that is.

Hi, normally on the drivers door near the window switch, however, if the other window works the isolating switch is unlikely to be the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom