REAR LIGHTS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

herme1010

Car
mercedes m280
Hi,

I have a 2006 ml 280 and am being advised the rear light clusters left/right are ready for replacement.front display showing faults with rear brake lights and indicators,all bulbs look ok but garage advising me this is a common fault and the whole lamp needs replacing?If so,does anybody have the correct part numbers for this model so i can check the market out,thanks in anticipation

Sounds like a come on, tail lights are expensive and renewing them is not normal. Take them out one at a time, take to bits and look for corrosion, especially the earths, cleanup is usually easy. Slight possibility the brake light switch (s) is on its way out, a simple check is to see if the cruise control still works, if so, the switch should be OK.

Sounds like a come on, tail lights are expensive and renewing them is not normal. Take them out one at a time, take to bits and look for corrosion, especially the earths, cleanup is usually easy. Slight possibility the brake light switch (s) is on its way out, a simple check is to see if the cruise control still works, if so, the switch should be OK.
thanks for that,will try those options first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom