Red battery light is on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavomercE350D

Car
E class 350 d estate 2011
Hi guys have been away for a while as my car was running sweet as a nut! But now have a red battery light coming up on the dashboard. I have no powered steering and the radio turns off! I have read on this forum which is brilliant I might add, it may be the alternator voltage regulator! There was a member who posted a step by step guide on how to do it but for the life of me I can’t find it again! I would love a bit of help thanks! I hope your all well in the current situation!

Again check your belt !! Chances are as its be standing for ages maybe the alternator freewheel has seized and caused the belt tensioner to start to bounce . This can cause the belt to slip off or even snap

Thank you guys much appreciated!👍🏻

Hi thanks for the advice it is the belt that’s snapped! I’ve managed to pull it out and it all frayed! Another question has anyone changed one of these on the drive! I’ve managed to get one for £21 and I’ve watched videos how to change but always seem to be a different engine to mine as mine is the e350 v6 diesel 2011! Thanks again!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You will note that the pictures and vids online are for MLs. And for a good reason. There is basically no room on the E350. You will need to remove intakes, fan cowl, drain rad a bit to disconnect top hose.and remove fan.

There's a vid link posted on here in the past 24 hours that gives a good view, but I think is petrol v6 rather than diesel.

Consider changing all the pensioners and pulled whilst going to this effort.

As above check everything is free not much point changing the belt to have it shred again,if I were you I would get a mobile mechnic round to sort it,too much needed for a person who has a limited amount of tools and dare I say knowledge.

Thanks guys I think it is wise to change the tensioner’s and pulleys! Thank you all so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom