• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Reintroduction.

raycannon

Car
320SL R129
Hi, I originally joined some years ago when I had a CLK convertible but got tempted over to the dark side when I traded it in for a Ford Focus ST. Nice enough car apart from the fit and finish, if you can't see it then it's not finished very well and the ecoboost engine is going to destroy itself at some time. Sought redemption after the Focus and traded it in for a CLS220 shooting brake, fantastic car, managed to find one with the premium pack with sun roof and white upholstery,they can be a bit claustrophobic if you have a dark interior as the windows are quite narrow. The CLS was an ideal car till I retired and limited mileage and short runs aren't really good for a diesel. Time for a change and the car of choice would have been a petrol CLS but they dropped the shooting brake when they facelifted it so on to pastures new, a Skoda Karoq sportline, competent little car, well built and well finished, only slightly slower than the ST on paper but in real life a shade quicker as it's not scrabbling for grip and understeering. Earlier this year the Mercedes itch resurfaced and I found a tidy low mileage 320SL so back in the family. I would love Mercedes to reintroduce the shooting brake version of the CLS though. Merry Christmas.

Welcome RayCannon

I hope you enjoy your 320SL - you are entirely right about the shooting brake, if there was a petrol CLS shooting brakes I would be first in the line to buy a new, or low mileage second hand one.

Merry Christmas.

NJSS

Hi and welcome back…. looking forward to a picture of your R129 😃 before someone else asks..

Welcome RayCannon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom