• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Replacement Front Grill

Scouser51

Car
E Class
Hi fellow enthusiasts, I’ve tried contacting Mercedes direct but they don’t seem very forthcoming?
I want to replace the front grill on my 2018 E Class 220 with a black plain grill similar to those fitted without the big Mercedes star in the middle. The reason for this is I miss having the three pointed star at the front of my bonnet. It wouldn’t look right if I just added the star with the current grill displaying the big star!
does anyone know if Mercedes stock a plain black front grill or do I have to search elsewhere?

Many Thanks for any advice offered.

As what you’re after isn’t your cars standard spec, nor UK spec, they won’t be able to help.

I think Germany MB along with some other markets had the old style grill so you may have to shop abroad or aftermarket.

As that grill is not uk spec, you will run the likely risk that it’ll just look odd.

There are only three cars that have a legal emblem on the bonnet Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes enough said. I wouldn’t describe it as an old fashioned I would describe it as class!

There are only three cars that have a legal emblem on the bonnet Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes enough said. I wouldn’t describe it as an old fashioned I would describe it as class!
Not sure thats correct? Bonnet emblems are not illegal as long as they conform to latest regs, like bolted on and spring loaded, you missed Jaguar and all the other old fashioned cars that had them like Wolsely etc etc.

Your correct I was generally talking about modern cars that are fitted with bonnet emblems, I don’t believe Jaguar fit them!

Try this....
Ninja-OG701UK-InUse-Dad-SteakFlip-CMYK-RT.jpg

What?........oh....you meant grille!

This is more common on C and E Class in the US. You could try a German MB dealer Kunzmann.de - they are very responsive on email.

The ‘luxury’ grille is more common on C and E Class in the US. You could try a German MB dealer Kunzmann but a quick google also seems to point to needing to replace the front bumper, if you want to use OE MB parts.

Sorry for the misspelling of grille, that’s what happens when you rush things.
Thanks for all the very informative replies, I think it’s a none starter so I’ll concentrate on another idea I have for improving the front end look of my Mercedes.

NOOOO!!!!!.......don't do that....there a few around here like that...CHAV! I just laugh and point! There an AUDI with illuminated quad-rings too....that elicits the same reaction. Each to their own though!! :)

So all SE (Avantgarde) and AMG Line grills are interchangeable without further modification to the bumper, however, if you wish to fit the Classic/Elegance grill then you will need to replace the bumper aswell becuase the grill part won't fit in the Avantgarde/AMG bumper hole. Whislt not quite what you want, I have seen a few people removed their Mercedes Badge from the bonnet and replace with a star emblem; it just clips in/out from a hole accessible inside the bonnet.

Of course, if you can get a part number then MB could order you a bumper (i think they come in colour) and a grille but would likely be very expensive; that said you could recoup some of the cost by selling you existing one on ebay. This would likely generate good money as most are destroyed in accidents.

Just my opinion BUT why would you want to fit 1 of those hideous Illuminated star's as said above there not class they are just naff 😁

Hi fellow enthusiasts, I’ve tried contacting Mercedes direct but they don’t seem very forthcoming?
I want to replace the front grill on my 2018 E Class 220 with a black plain grill similar to those fitted without the big Mercedes star in the middle. The reason for this is I miss having the three pointed star at the front of my bonnet. It wouldn’t look right if I just added the star with the current grill displaying the big star!
does anyone know if Mercedes stock a plain black front grill or do I have to search elsewhere?

Many Thanks for any advice offered.
Below is what you are looking for. Assuming that's an OEM grille (btw - they call it a 'grill' as well in the video 🙂 ) then look like a bumper swap is also required which would make it a very pricey mod especially when you factor in paint work.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As said readily available on the continent, but guess it's in line with MB paring down the options list here.

Read post 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom