S210 E55 'Affalterbach Special Edition' - Did It Ever Exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
This is it:

Assuming there is an M113 under the bonnet, it's an E55 all right, though the OE AMG monobloc wheels have been replaced with turbines, which I don't think suit it.
I'd never seen a signed eBay 'Affalterbach Special Edition' badge before, though; never looked for one. Now that I have, there's plenty - yours for £6.99. Just what my E500 needs... :fail:

What sort of tw4t would put a fake AMG badge on a genuine E55?

Last edited:
This is it:

Assuming there is an M113 under the bonnet, it's an E55 all right, though the OE AMG monobloc wheels have been replaced with turbines, which I don't think suit it.
I'd never seen a signed eBay 'Affalterbach Special Edition' badge before, though; never looked for one. Now that I have, there's plenty - yours for £6.99. Just what my E500 needs... :fail:

What sort of tw4t would put a fake AMG badge on a genuine E55?

The same sort who put one on this one?

"Special Edition" W210 E55 saloon

The rear of a W210 estate reminds me of the back of a hearse. The W211 was such a better looking car both inside and out.

It was, and still is, the best-looking E class (the estate, that is; saloons leave me cold - haven't had one for decades). The W210 had a certain chunky charm, though a bit bland-looking at best. A debadged 1998 S210 E55 (in Tanzanite, of course...) was a good Q-car in 2013, though; just another anonymous old Mercedes estate - until the lights changed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom