Scams and Chancers selling their cars with desirable Options they don't have!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobafett

Car
C63
Its a minefield at the moment, loads of scams that are making out cars are a lot cheaper than they are.

Then you have chancers selling their car with desirable options the car actually does not have, and hoping some unsuspecting buyer does not pick up on it!! For example - this before it might get changed is advertised as a PPP or performance package plus car!

Its rife and really irritates me

There wasn't a premium plus in the w204
I had this problem when i bought my ppp car nearly all dealer's we're saying they had an lsd as standard which obviously isnt the case unless its a pre facelift also I spotted 1 about a month ago (i think it's still on ebay) and it has the wrong front discs fitted

There wasn't a premium plus in the w204
I had this problem when i bought my ppp car nearly all dealer's we're saying they had an lsd as standard which obviously isnt the case unless its a pre facelift also I spotted 1 about a month ago (i think it's still on ebay) and it has the wrong front discs fitted

That's not quite the same as saying its got the £9k PPP SLS engine upgrade. How many cars are running around without OEM discs on. People buy aftermarket discs whether they are Pagid, Brembo etc all the time rather than OEM items. Its easily addressed if you want OEM ones.

Ok so the 1 I'm talking about has the cheaper discs on hence I mentioned it
If you cant tell the difference between the ppp car and a standard car you should probably not buy 1 its pretty obvious same as the external carbon pakage on a ppp car it consists of wing mirror covers that's it I probably had the highest spec pop car available and took along time to find it
Simple answer is do your homework

Ok so the 1 I'm talking about has the cheaper discs on hence I mentioned it
If you cant tell the difference between the ppp car and a standard car you should probably not buy 1 its pretty obvious same as the external carbon pakage on a ppp car it consists of wing mirror covers that's it I probably had the highest spec pop car available and took along time to find it
Simple answer is do your homework

Yes I agree but its not that simple the net is full of bum information about these cars and Merc changed the way they are Specced between facelift and pre-faceleft, then there is the mix up of a euro car vs amaerican, P30 and P31 etc, its just not that straight forward.

I agree because mine was a P30 pakage on a faclift coupe which wasn't even available from memory most if not all were p30 on the data card even though they were P31

I agree because mine was a P30 pakage on a faclift coupe which wasn't even available from memory most if not all were p30 on the data card even though they were P31

Exactly. P31 was the American code, we had P30 then another code for engine power upgrade as part of the package and the Merc diff was another optional extra!!

Why reverse the trunk badges?

If he lacks the attention to detail to 're badge' after de badge and get's them the wrong way around what else has his 'missed' . Oh and it must be pretty slow with a one litre engine , as described in the side bar :p

If he lacks the attention to detail to 're badge' after de badge and get's them the wrong way around what else has his 'missed'..

I wouldn't mind that. My main concern when I see wonky or incorrect badging is that the car may have been involved in a rear shunt and repaired at a backstreet garage.

+1 for the above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom