• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SEAT/VW and OBDII

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
I thought I'd try on here first rather than go through the palaver of finding and joining a decent SEAT/VW forum.

I have the ELM327 OBDII jobby which works nicely on my W203 and Mrs Stratman's Panda. When I tried it on son number 2's '04 SEAT Ibiza 1.2 (a Polo by any other name) it saw the car but refused to go any further.

Does anybody know if it's a compatibility thing with the ELM327, the software (EasyOBDII) or a peculiarity with the car?

I thought all post '96 were supposed to by OBDII compliant :dk:

Any and all help gratefully received.

Not a direct answer to your question, but for my Audi A2 I recently bought a VAG-COM USB 409.1 cable for £10 off Ebay. There is some free software with it, or can be download off Ross-Tech website.

I also have a hand-held device with its own LCD screen for my Lotus that cost £20.

Whilst both systems are OBD2, there do seem to be several flavours of the same thing, so sadly a new device for each car was needed for me.

Thanks. I've downloaded their third-party interface free software to try with the ELM327. If it doesn't work I'll stump up for the VAG cable.

That's what I like about standards, there are so many to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom