Serpentine belt kit brands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deadl1ft

Car
C250 Coupe
Hi all,

Looking for suggestions for reliable and trusted brands for a serpentine belt kit in the UK. I try to go Merc for most of my bits but damn some things just seem 400% marked up through Merc

TIA

Deadl1ft

I just bought an INA belt kit from autodoc, way cheaper than any UK supplier and delivered in a week.

Forgot about INA, they are great too. 👍👍

No Pirelli in this list?

Good quality serpentine belts i have bought have been Gates & QH (Quinton Hazel) branded. Not so good quality serpentine belts were Dayco & Continental branded. The Dayco, a 6pk2080, failed and decided to change itself into a 5pk2080.

Never bought a kit just the belt on its own. UK based motor factor partsinmotion.co.uk are my go to supplier.

Last edited:
Good quality serpentine belts i have bought have been Gates & QH (Quinton Hazel) branded. Not so good quality serpentine belts were Dayco & Continental branded. The Dayco, a 6pk2080, failed and decided to change itself into a 5pk2080.

Never bought a kit just the belt on its own. UK based motor factor partsinmotion.co.uk are my go to supplier.

What went wrong with Conti belt?
Used this for many years and it held up very good in a tight engine bay with plenty of heat from a furious V8.

What went wrong with Conti belt?
Used this for many years and it held up very good in a tight engine bay with plenty of heat from a furious V8.
The Contitech aux belt was visually of poorer quality than either the Gates or the Quinton Hazel QH belts i have fitted to my cars over the years. Would not buy one again for that reason. Did not fail though like the 'orrible Dayco junk.

Top of the pile for me is the Gates belt. Very high quality construction yet still in the same ball park price wise (around £20).

I bought Gates serpentine from my favourite auto factor the other day. Under £25.

I went SKF for both tensioner and water pump . Anything but Meyle . 😔💨💨

I bet ABBA had something to do with you buying the SKF parts made in Gothenburg? 🤣

I know this is off topic and usless knowledge. 👍
ABBA is not only a music band, in Schweden we also have a seafood company named ABBA Seafood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom