Service A due way too soon after coronavirus lack of use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGreedy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDI
Hi all,

E350 CDI W212.
Service was carried out about 1000 miles ago in Jan 2020, and the dash display in March (if you looked for it) said service in 9k miles (or similar distance, can't remember the specific number).
Car has not been driven since start of lock-down, but has been started on the drive and run up until at full running temp a few times. I've been charging the battery over night before each start, which has been on the button. Car has always unlocked so there has been some power.
On the latest attempt (which might have been a bit longer since the last start, maybe 4-6 weeks but can't be sure) the "Service A Due" message has come up.

My plan is to ignore this until January, which will probably see a total 12 month usage of about 3000 miles, but all long journeys 20 miles or more.
There are zero fault codes stored either in OBD2 ecu nor any of the modules if I interrogate with iCarsoft Pro. Everything seems to work, although the rear left passenger seat with ISOFIX car seat in position now thinks someone is sat in the rear seat, which it didn't do before.

Is this servicing message a possible low battery quirk, or should I be getting an oil change/A service done?
I presume I can turn off or reset the Service message.

Input appreciated.

With the C class MB changed the service interval from 15.5k miles/2 years to 15.5k miles/1 year when they replaced the 203 with the 204 - so I get the same message on my low annual mileage 2008 S204 - yet my low annual mileage 2008 SLK280 it's still 2 years! Using only correct MB spec fully synthetic oil I ignore the 12 month interval as it effectivly doubles your annual service cost - just hit the OK button on the steering wheel when the Assyst message comes up when you switch on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom