Service and MOT booked in Autokare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , but do you watch the mechanic using your supplied engine oil in your car.

Con't

My car has just had the B service last week at my local MB dealer.I asked a couple of questions and these are the answers

What type of engine oil did you use.Reply : The one Mercedes-Benz sell us

I was then asked does my engine use oil My reply no : then we'll you don't have to check the level for 15,000 miles.

I then asked when the break fluid next needed changing , Reply 15 years was the reply.

What type of brake fluid do you use Reply : The type that Mercedes sell us.

The above is a precis of the conversation.

Con't

My car has just had the B service last week at my local MB dealer.I asked a couple of questions and these are the answers

I was then asked does my engine use oil My reply no : then we'll you don't have to check the level for 15,000 miles.

I then asked when the break fluid next needed changing , Reply 15 years was the reply.

Your local dealer should know brake fluid is recommended to be changed every 2 years.
Who answered your questions............... surely not the service manager?

Your local dealer should know brake fluid is recommended to be changed every 2 years.
Who answered your questions............... surely not the service manager?

You are correct in saying it was not the service manager.

To be totally honest with you I don't really know and that's my fault.( But the young lady kept bringing my wife and myself coffee)

I hopefully will be returning to my other local MB dealer who are brilliant and if I could kick my **** hard I would.

Strange thing is Mercedes UK did say 15 years assuming that the correct brake fluid is in my car (DOT 5) is in my car.

However , they do not recommend this length of time and as you say it's should be changed every two years.

If it was in for a B service then brake fluid is an additional item did you not check what you were paying for (every 2 years always falls on a B service)?🤔

I got the oil they didnt use back so i dare say they used mine

Con't

Shouldn't that read the oil MB supply us not sell?

You are correct in saying it was not the service manager.

To be totally honest with you I don't really know and that's my fault.( But the young lady kept bringing my wife and myself coffee)

I hopefully will be returning to my other local MB dealer who are brilliant and if I could kick my **** hard I would.

Strange thing is Mercedes UK did say 15 years assuming that the correct brake fluid is in my car (DOT 5) is in my car.

However , they do not recommend this length of time and as you say it's should be changed every two years.

15 years refers to the engine coolant, not brake fluid.

I have often seen service advisors (and sales people) make-up on the spot a response to a question they don't actually know the answer to. Some people feel embarrassed to say that they don't know - and make up an answer instead.

15 years refers to the engine coolant, not brake fluid.

I have often seen service advisors (and sales people) make-up on the spot a response to a question they don't actually know the answer to. Some people feel embarrassed to say that they don't know - and make up an answer instead.
Yes I think Mr Boyband is getting a bit muddled......................................................again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom