Service and MOT booked in Autokare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MOT Plus Service A, £300 together. I guess the dealer wont be that bad.
Just noticed they used 0W30, not 0W40 I guessed. Interesting decision to go, I will see how the oil consumpiton in future. It is siting at the top Max mark @65884 miles.
Only did 200miles since last MOT, which is 21 month ago. Let's gogogo
Id get the proper oil init 🙄 5w40 229.5

I am aware that traditionalists aren't happy with MB's decision to use 0W-30 oil in all AMG cars instead of the previously-recommended 5W-40, but why is this an issue - i.e. is there a particular reason to think that 0W-30 isn't as good for AMG engines? Genuine question.

0w30 is
MB 229.52
MB 229.51
MB 229.31
so its not specked for my C63 so I'll stick to what its had from new

0w30 is
MB 229.52
MB 229.51
MB 229.31

What's the spec for your C63?

It was me who had the conversation with the MB tech and he didn't really have an answer to why they have changed oil ,I have recently spoke with a few others and they still use the 5w40 so I don't know the answer but for me im not willing to try a different oil anybody else can do as they please

So the issue is that they are now using 229.51 or 229.52 oil in AMG engines? And not the change in viscosity? I.e. if the dealer used 0w-30 oil that was 229.5 approved then that would have been OK?

I presume so but I'm no expert.what gets me is it seems most MB service departments all use different oils 🙄 I think it's a case of there's a barrel of oil over there I'll put that in.I provide my own oil which was bought from MB

I presume so but I'm no expert.what gets me is it seems most MB service departments all use different oils 🙄 I think it's a case of there's a barrel of oil over there I'll put that in.I provide my own oil which was bought from MB

MB Brooklands (owned by MB) have used MB-branded oil in all services I had with them (non-AMG car). A different dealer used Shell Helix Ultra. I am assuming that all MB-owned dealerships in the UK will be using MB-branded oil?

I am aware that traditionalists aren't happy with MB's decision to use 0W-30 oil in all AMG cars instead of the previously-recommended 5W-40, but why is this an issue - i.e. is there a particular reason to think that 0W-30 isn't as good for AMG engines? Genuine question.
Don't know, I used to drive VW, and most of them used 040. I guess it is just a mind problem. For me, AMG is my first adult car. I guess it shall at least used the same as the young VW oil. hahah.
That's why i said let's see the oil sistuation during the use. Keep check.

0w30 is
MB 229.52
MB 229.51
MB 229.31
I have no idea with the SPEC. I guess the guy in the shop know things better than me. Just listen to them and pay the money. lol
Currently I am have B107A15 code, there is no cold air in AC. I guess the refrigerant has leeking issue. It shall be the 90 part. But not 100% sure.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210810202148.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210810202148.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1
Don't know, I used to drive VW, and most of them used 040. I guess it is just a mind problem. For me, AMG is my first adult car. I guess it shall at least used the same as the young VW oil. hahah.
That's why i said let's see the oil sistuation during the use. Keep check.
0W20 in a lot of VAG petrol cars now. Having an argument about it with dealer on daughter's SEAT Ateca - dealer says they only use it for longlife services, SEAT say it's to be used regardless. It's an emissions thing it seems - before the WLPT stuff they used 5W30.

What you do is entirely up to you its your car ,your not the 1st to have the wrong oil and by the look of it you wont be the last personally for the sake of £60 id change it ASAP

0W20 in a lot of VAG petrol cars now. Having an argument about it with dealer on daughter's SEAT Ateca - dealer says they only use it for longlife services, SEAT say it's to be used regardless. It's an emissions thing it seems - before the WLPT stuff they used 5W30.
Yeah, even with the civic Type R, used 020. "emissions thing it seems"

Didnt have mine long enough for a service 🤣

My Suzuki came from the factory with 0W-20, the local Suzuki dealer said they use 0W-30 and that's what they recommended, but they can use 0W-20 if I wanted to - the 0W-20 provides poorer protection but it's better for emissions (which is why it's supplied from the factory - this is how the car is tested).

It also has an 'ECO' setting for the tyre pressures which is 4 PSI higher than the top (fully laden) figure in the 'comfort' range.

Hi , but do you watch the mechanic using your supplied engine oil in your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom