Skoda Yeti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Anyone seen or driven one?

I quite like the look of it.

A modern and cool 'tonka' toy.

And you can get a huge panoramic sunroof too.

skoda_big.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, slightly OT. Anyone remember the Skoda Yeti girls at the Geneva motorshow?
:eek::eek::eek:

2009-geneva-motor-show-babe_13.jpg

Anyone seen or driven one?

I quite like the look of it.

A modern and cool 'tonka' toy.

And you can get a huge panoramic sunroof too.

Yes - drove behind one the other day, as there was another car in my outside lane. From behind it could easily have a Hyundai/Daihatsu or some other Korean badge on it - School and shopping run around would be okay from first look...

It brought enough curiosity for me to look for model badge, the Skoda badge was in my face.

Ah Skoda that's the European manufacturer that pioneered the recent strange concept of cars that don't break down, or on the rare occasion when they do, don't cost an arm and a leg to repair. :thumb: How quaint! Anyone would think they had been making cars for a hundred years--- the cheek of it!:rolleyes:

Think you could buy one?

Think about walking into the showroom and saying out loud, 'I'm quite interested in purchasing a Yeti.'

Stoopid name.

I quite like it. But over £22k (before options) for a high spec. one is a lot of money.

I quite like it. But over £22k (before options) for a high spec. one is a lot of money.

the top spec £22,170 Yeti has lots of toys, and a punchy 170hp engine plus 4x4. You get:

leather interior
Xenon lights
cruise
auto dimmer mirrors and auto lights
17" wheels
heated seats

spec a Golf with the same equipment and it is thousands more

Not denying it's a good car. Just that for that kind of money a lot of people would want a different badge on it. For £22k you can get a mid-spec VW Tiguan.

£22k for a Skoda:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I'm sure I'd be thinking 2nd hand MB think what you could get for that money. All our fleet Skodas have died very prematurely as the miles go on thats the reason the UK police forces stopped using them they just dont wear well

£22k for a Skoda:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I'm sure I'd be thinking 2nd hand MB think what you could get for that money. All our fleet Skodas have died very prematurely as the miles go on thats the reason the UK police forces stopped using them they just dont wear well

Really, was in a superb taxi with 186k gained in 4 years. fella was chuft to bits with it saying how its only had routine maintenence. Its just another VAG car with different body etc, and some superbs/octavias seen over 300k (maunal ones). if they were RWD I'd buy one in a heartbeat. They might not be able to take the abuse proffesional drivers like the police who have to drive the car extremely hard, but for every day types like me the car would be fine.

When I was looking at buying a second-hand car Skoda's kept on appearing in my Autotrader search, as they offered good specifications, VAG diesel engines, DSG gearbox and sensible mileage all for a decent price. The total package really appealed to me. Them and Saab's make great s/h buys in my opinion. So I went and bought an Audi....doh!

The Yeti isn't for me, but I like different, so for that alone I'm glad Skoda make it.

When I was looking at buying a second-hand car Skoda's kept on appearing in my Autotrader search, as they offered good specifications, VAG diesel engines, DSG gearbox and sensible mileage all for a decent price. The total package really appealed to me. Them and Saab's make great s/h buys in my opinion. So I went and bought an Audi....doh!

The Yeti isn't for me, but I like different, so for that alone I'm glad Skoda make it.

Think they are in many ways better than the VW counterparts. Superb for passat money, Octavia for golf money. Excellent cars IMHO.

Who was it on Top Gear that said Skoda were VW for mean people....

and in these economic times is that a bad thing?

Says someone who drives a mercedes....

I'll get my coat:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom