• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

sl60 amg

That looks nice, always liked them with the AMG kit on it with the 3-piece alloys.

Exhaust certainly needs some attention, it's practically falling off. Otherwise looks very nice, certainly a bargain for what is a pre-merger 6.0 AMG. It's only 10 miles from my office so I might go take a look.

Interesting

Beautiful

I bought a G500 from the seller. Was an excellent car.

Exhaust certainly needs some attention, it's practically falling off. Otherwise looks very nice, certainly a bargain for what is a pre-merger 6.0 AMG. It's only 10 miles from my office so I might go take a look.

pls do and give us full report and the low down on the the beast pls

I sent the seller a message yesterday asking for the full Vin but am still waiting for a response

The vin wont bring it up as an SL60 as its pre merger converted.

The car is not cheap IMO. Its a jap import early SL60 and to me it looks a bit well worn inside. Outside pics are too dodgy to get any real insight.

Although if it was sub 10K id buy it and stick the engine in my 500E!

Unfortunately could only manage a brief look over as it was starting to get dark but I called a halt before the light disappeared.

The exhaust isn't loose, so not sure if it's perhaps had a knock to end up at that angle, or maybe needs adjusting and rehanging?
Bodywork seems mostly straight and tidy considering its age.
Starts ok, lumpier idle than I would expect. Probably due to sitting around waiting for/during export, potentially new set of dizzies and rotor arms. Didn't get to check state of engine loom.

However, the reason I called it short is, as Jay alluded to, the state of the interior. Having spent enough time around Jap imports I know they frequently get a mileage haircut, but this one's feels like it's had a Grade 3. IMO, there's no way it's done 35k miles and if the true mileage is even vaguely nearly this, the interior has led quite a hard life.
The seats are nearly as creased as mine (which have seen several times the mileage), the scuffing on the squab bolster is quite severe and I have no idea how they've scuffed the front corner of the cushion so badly. The wood on the centre console is badly in need of refurb, and there's evidence of where various electronic gadgets were fitted.

If someone was seriously interested I could go back for a deeper look and a drive, but in light of the above, I'm not sure I would bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom