• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL63 / SL55 Centre Silceners - are they the same?

joe2612

Car
R230 SL55 AMG
Do the R230 SL55 and 63 share the same middle silencers? I can't seem to work it out from WIS, but there is only a diagram for the 'AMG' models

I'm looking to fit the centre silencers back to my SL63 (if anyone has any)

SL55_exhaust.jpeg

If you have access to WIS, do you also have EPC?

EPC will let you search via a VIN or model designation and you should be able to figure it out from there

Thank you, I double-checked EPC and found the same. Now to try and find some...

It's not terribly loud, but I'd prefer stock if possible. On further investigation, it sounds like the 55 resonators would fit ( same bore size) and are likely to be far easier to come by given the lower numbers of 63s produced.

I removed the centre muffler on my R129 SL500 and it made virtually no difference. 2 years after my car was built MB dropped them anyway - interesting that they came back on the R230!

It's not terribly loud, but I'd prefer stock if possible. On further investigation, it sounds like the 55 resonators would fit ( same bore size) and are likely to be far easier to come by given the lower numbers of 63s pr
Joe, I am sorry to divert this thread on exhausts, but I cant find a way to reply to your posting about the E63 wheels on another post of yours. Do you still have them? Again, apologies for disrupting this but it was the only way I could see to get to you! David

Hi David, they've sold I'm afraid. Will update the listing.

FYI for anyone else wondering about the original topic, they are different part numbers but very much interchangeable. I'm running 55 amg middle silences on my SL63 and it sounds wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom