• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SLK 350 R172 W276 Petrol Nox Sensor Left Side

Winsoxuk

Car
SLK350 2011. + 850R Volvo
I wonder if somebody could give me a little bit of advice with some figures that have been thrown up in my code reader.
I've noticed that one of my Nox sensors it seems to be misbehaving.

I'm assuming that the number given for each sensor is parts per million and mines reporting a minus figure !

Also sometimes it says non-functional I'm not quite too certain what this means does the ECU turn them on and off depending on temperature ?

Any help would be appreciated before I go and order one..!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-27-13-02-59-333_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-27-13-02-59-333_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2024-08-27-13-02-22-140_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-27-13-02-22-140_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 4
The plot thickens.

Could somebody confirm that the Nox sensor that's screwed to the passenger side of the car actually connects to the passenger side bank and the one that is bolted to the driver side connects to the driver's side bank on the exhaust.

Mine has a weird crossover going on not certain if it was designed like that from the factory for ease of wiring or historical **** up at the exhaust place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-27-16-21-24-504_com.miui.mediaeditor.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-27-16-21-24-504_com.miui.mediaeditor.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
I have a diagram from Mercedes but unfortunately it's not clear. When I zoom into it the lines break up and do not show me exactly if the sensors cross over. It shows me the lines but then it all gets blurred over the black and white image

If somebody has a 350 UK specification and check it will be much appreciated or if somebody could have a look at any other diagrams that they have.

From what I understand the US cars don't have the NOX sensors

If somebody has a 350 UK specification and check it will be much appreciated or if somebody could have a look at any other diagrams that they have.

From what I understand the US cars don't have the NOX sensors
If you haven't already, I suggest you also ask on the SLKworld forum. It's a more SLK focused forum (obvs) than this one and very friendly.

They can be either side. Left can be right....

So we unplug them to see what code they bring up. That will determine what one is correct.

Just for clarification this is what's happening.

I have an intermittent failure of the driver's side temperature sensor which has been ordered and waiting for it to arrive so I can replace it.

I noticed that the right Nox sensor was being reported as zero and minus figures in the data coming off my code reader which is icarsoft.MB3.5

What I found was that the Nox controller which is screwed to the passenger side of the car is connected to the bank on the driver's side.

The Nox controller which is screwed to the driver's side of the car is connected to the bank on the passenger side.

So the question is the controller on the passenger side should it be connected to the passenger side bank ?

And the controller on the driver's side connected to the bank on the driver's side?

Further to add to this confusion the Nox controller on the passenger side is being reported as right side when unplugged which would make sense if the cables for the sensors should go to the opposite side.

I have a hypotheses.

I think I might have figured this out.... At some point when it was having its exhaust made I think the installer realised that the location where the sensors were wouldn't reach so they physically swapped the NOx controller from one side to the other and.

I think they run on CAN bus they will all of their own address on the network.

Could somebody confirm that they're on the CAN bus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom