Sprinter dash upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derfuk

Car
2002 CLK 200, 2010 311 Sprinter
I already known the answer is probably no but can I just simply plug in and upgraded dash cluster on a w906 or would it need the ecu updating too. Only asking as current cluster is so basic and doesn't even have temperature on it

As with everything Mercedes the system needs to be told what it is for it to work properly so coding is necessary. It will probably work up to a point but that just makes it irritating. If its a used cluster then you will not get the correct mileage. Depending on the age of the cluster and the vehicle the plug on the loom might well be different. There are others on the forum who say that they have done it without problem but I must admit that I have tried but never got it to work and eventually gave up.

You could do it but its not always straight forward. You will have to upgrade (code) new dash, get the mileage sorted probably change the wiring to the cluster so you will need to cross reference the wiring diagrams etc, Ive done it but had a dash warning light on for the ABS system so ive had to upgrade that as well so its not an MOT failure. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom