• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SRS light on intermittently

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
The old girl's (w124) SRS light has started to come on intermittently, she's due her MOT mid May and need to get it sorted before then as I don't want it to affect the MOT. Any ideas what could be causing this please. Thanks

Dodgy seat occupancy sensor, wiring or connection?

As above or a damaged clock spring in the steering wheel.

Connectors under the seat can sometimes be dislodged when cleaning the carpets. Have a look with a torch👍

Why are you referring to yourself in the third person!? 🤣
Are you suggesting that Sarah has a suplimentary restraint system in addition to a primary one? 🤔😁😁

The old girl's (w124) SRS light has started to come on intermittently, she's due her MOT mid May and need to get it sorted before then as I don't want it to affect the MOT. Any ideas what could be causing this please. Thanks
Got the same problem,after having my ECU changed

Ok, so I checked the connectors under both seats, well unclipped and reclipped, took her out for a run and it still came on. I paid attention to what I was doing when it came back on, but there wasn't anything specific I was doing , what's next to check please?

Difficult one without a diagnostic check. You don't have some forgotten about bloke trapped under the seat ? Just a thought :rolleyes: Could be a body control module problem, SAM issue. You need a scan Sarah "well not you but the car needs one" Live data should show up what the fault is if quick scan shows nothing.

Shame we are not closer then I could have done a Star session for you.

Last edited:
So I haven't managed to get it sorted, it needs a proper diagnostic test to see what's causing it. The issue I have now is the MOT runs out on the 10th May and I don't have a way of getting it diagnosed and sorted before then. Is there anyone that has a diagnostic kit (if there is such a thing) that would be able to help, thanks

No expert required, it was the little spring fingers that connect to the commutator on the back of the steering wheel. This old girl is too early for the spiral ribbon cable. Bit of a rub with some fine emery and she’s good again. Negotiated the MoT. Emissions test was tricky. The thermostat is a bit weak and it was a struggle to get her hot enough. Runs cool, just like the owner ;)
Passed in the end, luckily.

No expert required, it was the little spring fingers that connect to the commutator on the back of the steering wheel. This old girl is too early for the spiral ribbon cable. Bit of a rub with some fine emery and she’s good again. Negotiated the MoT. Emissions test was tricky. The thermostat is a bit weak and it was a struggle to get her hot enough. Runs cool, just like the owner ;)
Passed in the end, luckily.
Thanks for sorting this for me. The old girl has always given you grief Jobsworth, and that's def just like the owner 🤣

Seriously, I appreciate your time and help with this and of course the great support I get from the forum.

Forgive me if I have read this thread incorrectly !! Seems to be some confusion as to exactly who got the rub down with the emery cloth. Was it Sarah, the old girl, the car or all three of them ? Just saying...........................@#

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom