• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SRS RESTRAINT SYSTEM MALFUNCTION W639 Vito

Motomark

Car
Vito 122 cdi
Hi there, hoping someone can help 🤞
I fitted new disc's/pads all round and a new caliper, but when I jumped back in van to test run it...
First the red SRS light came on when key inserted, then on first turn an SRS Restraint System malfunction visit workshop flashed up, while other clicking noises and my driving lights flickerd and dashboard lights went on and off!
I've tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and a brief check to see if electrical plug (airbag I think) under passenger seat is still connected.
Really confused as have only touched brakes, haven't been near wiring or under the hood, apart from topping up brake fluid.
Help😵

Odd. Could be a simple coincidence but does sound unlikely. If you know anyone with a plug on tool that can reset the srs light then you could try that. I’ve got an icarsoft tool that does this. I had an intermittent srs fault which came and went. I would reset it with the tool and it would be fine for two months then it would come back on. Ended up being a loose connection under the passenger seat which costs pennies to fix.

I’d try resetting it first. If it comes back in straight away, you’ll need someone to take a look who can diagnose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom