• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Start/Stop Charger

GeorgianSteve

Car
Mercedes-Benz GLE
Hi All,

I have a 2020 GLE 300d purchased from new. The start/stop system has always been temperamental however in colder temperatures it doesn’t work at all. The dealership reminded me of the parameters but also noted that after they charged the battery the system worked as expected. They said the battery charge had depleted.

Does anyone have experience of charging the start/stop battery? Any recommendations of which model to buy would be appreciated.

The bulk of my journeys are in traffic so I would benefit from the system working property.

Thanks very much.

You need to charge the main battery for stop start to work. Your gle is most likely fitted with a capacitor pack in the passenger side floor ,which runs things whilst the car is stopped. They only seem to last about 4 to 5 years before they die.

Suggest you buy a smart charger off eBay for around £12 and hook it up to the jumper points ,when the car isn't in use.

I've just fitted a brand new Bosch battery to my glc350 and stop start has been green ever since. Though the capacitor pack is giving errors since the change , auxiliary battery malfunction,every 10 seconds on the dash. It's in tomorrow under warranty.

Thank you. The dealership confirmed the battery is fine and that the system will work fine after a long run (which I am not doing many of at the moment).

Halfords has this which seems to be what I need but is a bit pricey:

You’re saying a standard battery charger will do the trick?

Thanks

Thank you. The dealership confirmed the battery is fine and that the system will work fine after a long run (which I am not doing many of at the moment).

Halfords has this which seems to be what I need but is a bit pricey:

You’re saying a standard battery charger will do the trick?

Thanks
No I said a smart charger . One that'll do AGM. Charge it instead of doing long runs.

Screenshot_20240917-170112.png

Also do you drive in glide mode alot ??

Thank you. I used to drive in E but was told that means the battery doesn’t charge. I now use C and have the display set to show live MPG so I can see when it is charging.

Would this work? Just a little neater:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom