• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Steering wheel heating swtich

joewhtang

Car
GLS350D
Hi, according to owner manual, the switch of steering wheel heating is on the steering wheel adjusting lever. But I found no heating switch on the lever, how can I switch on the steering wheel heating? Or my model (GLS 350D) has no this function?

Attachments

• IMG_9322.jpeg
    IMG_9322.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9316.jpeg
    IMG_9316.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 9
Probably a lot of us have been there; reading the manual and finding a neat feature only to discover that our car isn't fitted with it 🙄
If you feed your VIN into one of the online decoders it should tell you what actually is fitted to your car.

If the heated wheel is fitted then the switch would look like this one, with an amber light (3) which lights when it's on.

To switch it on you turn it anti-clockwise (#1 in the picture) turn it to #2 to switch it off.

1728734689854.png

The above picture taken from my brochure so probably a few differences. No idea why it's come out as LHD though...😕

I dont think Ive EVER got in a car in recent times and though "ooh, this steering wheel is cold"! Its not like when I had a Bakelite/hard plastic steering wheel in my old cars.....only two temps......freezing cold or burning hot. I used to leave an old bar towel over the wheel in the summer to try and avoid third degree burns! But now everything is leather (or pretend leather) I never notice it being hot or cold.

I dont think Ive EVER got in a car in recent times and though "ooh, this steering wheel is cold"! Its not like when I had a Bakelite/hard plastic steering wheel in my old cars.....only two temps......freezing cold or burning hot. I used to leave an old bar towel over the wheel in the summer to try and avoid third degree burns! But now everything is leather (or pretend leather) I never notice it being hot or cold.

The steering wheel isn't cold.... but my hands are. I could of course wear gloves, but warming my hands on a nice warm steering wheel is so much better.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom