• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stolen Mirror Cover - New One Paint Coded?

Iggu

Car
C63 AMG
Not sure which subforum to post this in so mods please move if appropriate.

Some chavs nicked the wing mirror cover/cap plus indicator repeater from my car when it was parked up in a car park last week. Several other cars had bits missing so it was clearly a professional "visit" to the car park. There is no damage to the electric mirror so I'm looking into finding a replacement cover.

My question is ....... if I order a genuine one through MB and provide my vehicle reg, does anyone know if these come colour coded from the factory? Or just primed? My car (2016 C63 Saloon) is Obsidian Black. Follow up question is .... if they come primed and I have to get it resprayed, could this be a DIY job with a can of genuine paint or is that likely to be a disaster? If I have to get it professionally resprayed I might just scour eBay for one instead ..... and will probably end up buying my own back off the thief!

Thanks in advance.

Some chavs nicked the wing mirror cover/cap plus indicator repeater from my car when it was parked up in a car park last week. Several other cars had bits missing so it was clearly a professional "visit" to the car park. There is no damage to the electric mirror so I'm looking into finding a replacement cover.

My question is ....... if I order a genuine one through MB and provide my vehicle reg, does anyone know if these come colour coded from the factory? Or just primed? My car (2016 C63 Saloon) is Obsidian Black. Follow up question is .... if they come primed and I have to get it resprayed, could this be a DIY job with a can of genuine paint or is that likely to be a disaster? If I have to get it professionally resprayed I might just scour eBay for one instead ..... and will probably end up buying my own back off the thief!

Thanks in advance.
Gosh Times are hard in this era of austerity!
It will more than likely be primed, I would take it to a local bodyshop and get it sprayed as it shouldn't cost that much.. get some quotes.. diy job imo will just look tacky and will need to be re done professionally..

Agree with kam09, on a car like yours OP I would get it professionally done, I personally definitely wouldn’t attempt a diy job. Wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg professionally done.

Thanks in advance.
I'm selling a pair of Black mirror caps on e-bay. One of them is Obsidian Black, the gloss black one I bought from Edinburgh MB. £70.00 I think. You can't tell the difference between the two on the car.

You can buy them in the correct colour from Mercedes.
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. This is the answer I was hoping for.
Scooby Doo - I’ll get a price from MB for the Obsidian single unit (I only need the driver’s side) and if they quote me silly I’ll be in touch.
Thanks v much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom