• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop vehicle shift to p leave engine running

Kevrow

Car
Mercedes 2015 C-class (205) Bluetec
Hello,

I have had the "Stop vehicle shift to p leave engine running" on my Mercedes 2015 c220 amg Blutech estate for a few months,

Tested batt all good

After some research purchased a new Voltage converter and fitted it this morning the same fault still appears? any ideas?

regards
Kev

Hello,

I have had the "Stop vehicle shift to p leave engine running" on my Mercedes 2015 c220 amg Blutech estate for a few months,

Tested batt all good

After some research purchased a new Voltage converter and fitted it this morning the same fault still appears? any ideas?

regards
Kev
Get it checked properly by a garage with Star otherwise you will keep throwing parts at it without establishing the fault.

I would also consider changing your location details to an area, your postcode will make your home location much easier to identify to those that find such information useful 👍👍

Get it checked properly by a garage with Star otherwise you will keep throwing parts at it without establishing the fault.

I would also consider changing your location details to an area, your postcode will make your home location much easier to identify to those that find such information useful 👍👍
Hi, thanks for your reply, I live in Sidcup

I had taken it to a garage and they said it was the voltage converter, so I replaced but still have the same issue,

Hi, thanks for your reply, I live in Sidcup

I had taken it to a garage and they said it was the voltage converter, so I replaced but still have the same issue,
Was this a Mercedes garage with Star? If not then this is what you need. Clearly their recommendation has not solved the problem.

I think that you misunderstood my post, particularly about your postcode. By having it on your profile you do make it easier to identify you. Putting Sidcup as your area rather than your postcode (which covers relatively few houses) would be better.

Was this a Mercedes garage with Star? If not then this is what you need. Clearly their recommendation has not solved the problem.

I think that you misunderstood my post, particularly about your postcode. By having it on your profile you do make it easier to identify you. Putting Sidcup as your area rather than your postcode (which covers relatively few houses) would be better.
thanks for the help,

regards

Putting Sidcup as your area rather than your postcode (which covers relatively few houses) would be better.

Good advice but postcodes often aren't very specific - our previous one in Bracknell covered 57 different addresses, and where we are now in rural Shropshire there are 24 properties (over a wide area) with the same postcode. Even with the full address delivery drivers often can't find us! D

Good advice but postcodes often aren't very specific - our previous one in Bracknell covered 57 different addresses, and where we are now in rural Shropshire there are 24 properties (over a wide area) with the same postcode. Even with the full address delivery drivers often can't find us! D
Ours covers 2 houses 😁

But, if someone on the forum has a particularly desirable car the postcode would narrow down the area quite considerably if someone wished to search for where it was kept.

Last edited:
Ours covers 2 houses 😁

But, if someone on the forum has a particularly desirable car the postcode would narrow down the area quite considerably.

IIRC the national average is something like 15 properties to a postcode, but it can be 100 or more.

To make things more fun where we live now, many of the roads have no name. Some properties (including ours) have an address which is just a house number and the name of the village. The numbers in question are
2, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17 and 22, but those are spread over a wide area and on different (unnamed) roads. What happened to the rest of the numbers :dk: Then there are other houses in the village with numbers 1-12 on named roads ...

IIRC the national average is something like 15 properties to a postcode, but it can be 100 or more.

To make things more fun where we live now, many of the roads have no name. Some properties (including ours) have an address which is just a house number and the name of the village. The numbers in question are
2, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17 and 22, but those are spread over a wide area and on different (unnamed) roads. What happened to the rest of the numbers :dk: Then there are other houses in the village with numbers 1-12 on named roads ...
A friend who lived outside a small village on Salisbury Plain had part of his address as "Off Tank Track B"

IIRC there's a respected MB indie in Sidcup, south of Chislehurst Road and North of Critalls Corner, close (Sidcup side) to the A20 - can't remember the name.

U2 “Where the streets have no name."

Did this ever get repaired? similar predicament myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom