• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Struggling!

bigp271

Car
W210 E220 cdi Elegance
Afternoon all. Hope everyone is keeping well.
I've been trying, very unsuccessfully I might add to change the crank pulley/harmonic balancer on my 91 S320 V6.
To the best of my knowledge the holding tool for the M112 isn't available anywhere except the states and my other efforts to lock the pulley have thus far been very unsuccessful.
Does anyone know where I could lay my hands on one or does anyone have a different procedure they might care to share in order to help out a rather stressed and sweary fellow Mercedes owner!!!
Any and all comments/advice are very much appreciated.

Paul.

Not sure what you’ve tried? But I tend to take the black plastic blanking plug out at the bell housing if the transmission and from there you can hold the rear of a torque converter bolt with a lever and jam it against the casing. 2 man job right enough.

Thank you for the reply mate. I'm hoping to avoid that one. Firstly because I'm on my Todd but mainly as it gives me the fear putting all that unnecessary strain on the drive train.
That being said I'm pretty much out of options so I might just have to get a second set of hands and go for it.
Thank you again.

You won't stress the drive train. The part of the torque converter you immobilise that way is bolted directly to the crankshaft.

You won't stress the drive train. The part of the torque converter you immobilise that way is bolted directly to the crankshaft.
Thank you E55BOF.

Finally got it swapped.
Bought the readily available holding to for the newer 1.6 & 1.8 engines and cut 1 of the pegs off! Fits perfectly.
Whole Job took about 20 mins!
Thank you for all the suggestions guys. 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230226-092744_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230226-092744_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230226_090858.jpg
    20230226_090858.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Hacksaw and a big bar! I'll expect my certificate in the post!!! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back