• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Tambour door

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
The armrest tambour door on my S204 is suddenly proving difficult to open. I seem to need to force it open now, and being somewhat heavy-handed am concerned it will break totally. I have checked and as far as I can see, there is nothing blocking it. Any thoughts? Can I get to the back of it without dismantling half the car? Cheers

PXL_20240706_082741402.jpg

The armrest tambour door on my S204 is suddenly proving difficult to open. I seem to need to force it open now, and being somewhat heavy-handed am concerned it will break totally. I have checked and as far as I can see, there is nothing blocking it. Any thoughts? Can I get to the back of it without dismantling half the car? Cheers

View attachment 158854
Sorted! It is actually called a cup holder compartment roller cover and replacement part number is A20468076079051 - got one on ebay for £6.99 including p&p

Replacement vid below for anybody with same issue. The problem was some of the the 'ribs' underneath the cover had come loose. Quite possibly could have glued them back, but at £6.99, not worth the hassle (and probably had the wrong glue anyway!)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorted! It is actually called a cup holder compartment roller cover and replacement part number is A20468076079051 - got one on ebay for £6.99 including p&p

Replacement vid below for anybody with same issue. The problem was some of the the 'ribs' underneath the cover had come loose. Quite possibly could have glued them back, but at £6.99, not worth the hassle (and probably had the wrong glue anyway!)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a picture of what the reverse of the door looks like

PXL_20240712_145648770.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom