• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Terminal Velocity 2019

I’m not far from Bury st.edumunds , so May come down for this.
Just a question regarding the rolling half mile , I’ve got a W205 C63 (completely standard) what sort of speed would I get up to ? It’s limited to 155 , wondering whether its worth having it delimited ?

I'd expect it to surpass 155mph - maybe 170?

Okay thanks , I’ve been high speeds in Germany when safe to do so but it’s difficult to visualise half a mile flat out on a runway without ever doing it.

In 1/2 mile? Optimistic I would think. Bruno's remapped 6.2L C-wagon was barely over 180 in Bruntingthorpe which is 3 times the length.

@kit17 I'd try it standard for a baseline and delimit / remap if you're hitting the limiter or find yourself wanting to come back for more.

In 1/2 mile? Optimistic I would think. Bruno's remapped 6.2L C-wagon was barely over 180 in Bruntingthorpe which is 3 times the length.

@kit17 I'd try it standard for a baseline and delimit / remap if you're hitting the limiter or find yourself wanting to come back for more.
That’s exactly what I wanted to know , thanks for the advice :)

I was thinking it was a similar length to Brunters for some reason... :crazy:

Attended this today and not massively impressed. Could be better organised and would definitely help if the track wasn’t covered in loose gravel....
justin said the same.

justin said the same.
Was poor, they couldn’t even list the speeds in rank order and 2 of the top three I think were track day specials! A turbo charged bike and a stripped out old track/drag prepared Astra running 650bhp!

I’ve done 2 vmax200 events and this was my first tv event I totally agree with cyclone 1
As the afternoon session progresses the runway got worse
I’ll be back at the next vmax200

The original plan was a rolling 60 which would have been better and compensated for the gravel. Oh well we live and learn .

I think of the 12 runs I did, I only completed 3 flat out! I aborted most of mine depending on how poor my launches were! I tried just about every combination....lol

I believe that this was the first event at the new venue? I suppose it shows that Matt is at least trying to sort things out.

Having said that, there should be no excuse for loose gravel which not only makes for a hazardous surface but also plays havoc with paintwork on some very expensive and well looked after cars.

I just hope it improves for you dedicated guys as nobody wants their paint ruined for the sake of a weekend's fun...

I was there on the Friday testing the drone, the sweeper removed 3 tons of chippings!

I was there on the Friday testing the drone, the sweeper removed 3 tons of chippings!

That’s worrying for anyone who remembers the Top Gear trip to Spain and the mess the dust and crud thrown up from an unused airport runway did to the underneath of Hamster’s borrowed Fezza on a top speed run.

I believe that this was the first event at the new venue? I suppose it shows that Matt is at least trying to sort things out.

Having said that, there should be no excuse for loose gravel which not only makes for a hazardous surface but also plays havoc with paintwork on some very expensive and well looked after cars.

I just hope it improves for you dedicated guys as nobody wants their paint ruined for the sake of a weekend's fun...
Yes he’s had a two year break and this was indeed a new venue. The venue itself was fine and I was aware that the track had been swept with lots or gravel removed. But it was still covered. As soon as we entered the track to do the test drive of the straight you could see it as well as hear and feel it. I sort of knew at that point that it was going to be difficult. As the day warmed up it just made it worse.....

It’s a shame and hopefully the feedback will be well received, so that it’s improved in the future. Doubt I will ever do TV again though as a rolling 40 is to low for my car.

There’s a video on YouTube of the Astra and 3 series BMW and the noise from the stones hitting the underside of the car is horrific!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom