Tyre Pressure Readout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scouser51

Car
E Class
Hi everyone,
My E Class tells me the tyre pressures but there in kPa not psi, is it possible to change the readout to psi?

grateful for any advice as always.

You probably need to specify the model / year.

I've not found a way to change it on our 2019 C Class, although you can see the pressures in PSI in the Mercedes Me phone app!

That’s interesting, I have an old phone so Mercedes me is on my tablet but it only gives the read out in kPa!

That’s interesting, I have an old phone so Mercedes me is on my tablet but it only gives the read out in kPa!

Not sure if your app is the same but from the top left menu icon you can reach settings and I can select all sorts of odd non-SI units.

Yes thanks for that, now how accurate is the readout because I’ve checked with a tyre pressure guage and there’s a difference of 2 psi showing on Mercedes me?

I happen to have three digital tyre pressure gauges, all indicating within 0.5 psi of each other. Buy a second gauge?

Yes thanks for that, now how accurate is the readout because I’ve checked with a tyre pressure guage and there’s a difference of 2 psi showing on Mercedes me?
Mercedes me always shows 2/3 psi higher than a tyre pressure gauge on my C class.

A man with one watch, knows the time. The man with two watches doesn’t.

Use the tyre pressure gauge for all wheels, that way any error is consistent. Use the TPMS sensors as a nominal check. Get a tread depth gauge and keep tabs on your tyre wear and adjust pressures accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom