• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Tyre pressure sensors

Sheffield Col

Car
Mercedes 2014, C Class 220 Diesel Automatic Blutec W205
I am thinking of renewing the tyre pressure monitors on on my W205 C Class, would they need coding ?

I'd like to know how they work too, I bought winter wheels for mine and can just change wheels twice a year without doing anything else and the TPMS just works with each set.
I'm going to fit a new set on the wifes car, but all I read is they need either coding or cloning and you need to get the dealer to do it, so not sure how easy it is?

Assuming they are compatible sensors, they should not need coding. I have a set of alloys with winter tyres and when I bought them, with sensors fitted, the car picked up the new sensors after a few miles. Similarly, when I fitted new summer tyres to my regular alloys earlier this year, with the car being 8 years old and the expected battery life of the sensors perhaps reaching its limit, i bought new sensors. Again, no coding needed.
When I switch between summer and winter wheels each spring and autumn, the same thing happens, after a few miles the car picks up the new sensors. Reset the TPMS and off you go.
The good news, at least in my case, is no dealer visit required!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom